This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
This week I received a message from Delta informing me I had the opportunity to select or gift 15,000 Medallion Qualifying Miles (MQMs) since I spent my first $30,000 on the Delta Reserve card in a calendar year. This was my first time through the process to gift or claim the 15,000 MQMs so I wasn’t sure what to expect.
The process to claim or gift the miles turned out to be rather easy. After I received the message below, it only took a few moments to complete the process.
Dear Weekly Flyer,
Congratulations on reaching the Miles Boost threshold with your Delta Reserve Credit Card from American Express.
You’ve earned 15,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) and 15,000 bonus miles for spending $30,000 with your Card within the calendar year. Your bonus miles have already been deposited into your account. If within 90 days, a MQM recipient is not designated, the MQMs will be deposited into your account. Log in Now!
And remember, you can earn another 15,000 MQMs and 15,000 bonus miles after you reach $60,000 or more of purchases within the calendar year. Plus as a Cardmember, you may continue to enjoy the Card’s many benefits, including:
- Complimentary Delta Sky Club® access for you and up to two guests
- Receive a Domestic Economy or First Class Companion Certificate each year upon renewal
- A first checked bag free – that’s a savings of up to $200 per round-trip for a family of four
Thank you for your business and continued loyalty.
I also received a First Class or Economy companion certificate to be used sometime over the next year. This will surely go to good use.
Select Your Card To Redeem MQMs
The first step to claim or gift your MQMs is to navigate to the Delta.com/deltareservemqm/redeem.action site.
Once there, you select whether you would like to claim or gift the MQMs from the consumer or the business card.
Next you’ll select whether you’d like to give them to a friend or add the 15,000 MQMs to your account. Click submit and enter the required information. The MQMs will either appear in your account or your lucky friend’s account soon after the process is complete.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) When does the calendar year close for earning eligibility?
- December 31
2) What exactly do I get when I spent $30,000 on the card in a calendar year?
- 15,000 MQMs And
- 15,000 redeemable miles
3) Which miles count towards status?
- Only the 15,000 MQMs count toward status
4) What happens if I don’t select a recipient to receive the MQMs?
- If within 90 days, you do not elect to designate an MQM recipient, the MQMs will be deposited in your SkyMiles account
5) Can I earn 30,000 MQMs from the consumer and the Business Delta Reserve Card?
6) Can I earn multiple year end bonuses if I get the personal Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express, Delta Reserve card, etc cards?
- You may be permitted to have more than one Options, Classic, Gold, Platinum, or Delta Reserve Card from American Express account; however, you are only eligible to receive one annual bonus for each type (i.e. Options, Classic, Gold, Platinum, or Delta Reserve) of Delta SkyMiles Credit Card account from American Express
Have you been the lucky recipient or giver of Delta MQMs this year? I think the first 15,000 MQMs is an easy decision. It’s the second 15,000 MQMs where the decision gets difficult whether to give away or rollover to the next year.
Points, Miles & Martinis will earn a small referral credit for successful applications through the links in this post. We always appreciate any support for Points, Miles & Martinis by using our affiliate links.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.