Sigh. Details of the SPG fall promotion are out and the promotion is called SPG Take Two. The best part is the promotion does not limit the amount of points you can earn. The worst part is that it is pretty boring.
How To Register
If you’d like, you can text “TAKE2” to 44264 in the U.S. or 447950080934 in the U.K. and Starwood will send you a message when registration is open in a few weeks.
- Earn Starpoints on eligible stays from 9/1/13 through 12/15/13.
- No Limits!
- Get 2,500 bonus for every 5 eligible nights, up to 10,000 bonus Starpoints
- Must register by by October 31, 2013
- A list of non-participating hotels can be found here (watch out if in California and New York)
It’s almost “two” good. With the SPG® Take Two promotion, you’ll earn double Starpoints® on all eligible stays from September 1 through December 15, 2013 — with no limits. Plus, you’ll get 2,500 bonus Starpoints for every five eligible nights you stay — up to 10,000 bonus Starpoints and 20 nights. The earnings are endless at over 1,000 participating Starwood hotels and resorts worldwide. Any takers? Registration opens at the end of August.
Terms And Conditions
- Detailed terms and conditions can be found here
- Double Starpoints: Registered members will earn double Starpoints on eligible stays at participating properties during the promotion period. Members who earn double Starpoints will earn an additional two Starpoints per eligible US$1 spent (for a total of four Starpoints per dollar). Elite-level extra Starpoint earnings and other bonuses will not be doubled. Only the base two-Starpoints-per-dollar earnings are doubled. Double Starpoints will post to the registered member’s account within 2–4 weeks after the qualifying stay posts.
- 10,000 Starpoints Bonus: Registered members can also earn an additional 2,500 bonus Starpoints for every 5 eligible nights between September 1 and December 15, 2013, up to 10,000 bonus Starpoints after 20 eligible nights. Bonus Starpoints will post to the registered member’s account within 2–4 weeks after the qualifying stay posts that includes the 5th, 10th, 15th and 20th eligible night (bonus Starpoints will be awarded after the complete stay posts, regardless of when the qualifying nights within a given stay occur).
- Eligible Stays: An Eligible Stay is defined as one or more consecutive nights paying an Eligible Rate in the same hotel regardless of the number of check-ins or checkouts that occur and post to the member’s Starwood Preferred Guest® account. Award stays and Cash & Point stays are not eligible earning stays for this promotion. Eligible Stays with at least one night in the earning period will receive double Starpoints but only nights occurring from September 1 through December 15 will qualify towards the 10,000-Starpoint bonus threshold. An Eligible Night is a night paying an Eligible Rate during the promotion period. Eligible Nights do not have to be consecutive and can be accumulated across multiple stays to be eligible for the 10,000-Starpoint bonus threshold. An Eligible Rate is any rate that is eligible to earn Starpoints in the Starwood Preferred Guest program. A description of Eligible Stays and Eligible Rates can be found at spg.com under Terms & Conditions of the SPG program. See Section 1.4 b iii for the complete definition of Eligible Rates, but note that certain prepaid rooms, where the booking is made through a third party (including but not limited to travelocity.com, expedia.com and orbitz.com), are not Eligible Rates and do not earn Starpoints or qualify for promotional earnings.
- Qualifications and Starwood Terms: All promotions are subject to the Starwood Preferred Guest program terms and conditions, which are subject to change without notice and can be found at spg.com. Offer is applicable to individual members only and not to groups. Not responsible for omissions or typographical errors. Starwood reserves the right to discontinue this offer at any time. To update your communication preferences or learn about our privacy practices, view our Privacy Statement on spg.com/privacy, or access our privacy information line by calling 1-877-782-0071 in the U.S. and Canada or +353-21-4930474 in all other countries. Starpoints, SPG, Preferred Guest, Sheraton, Four Points, W, Aloft, The Luxury Collection, Le Méridien, Element, Westin, St. Regis and their respective logos are the trademarks of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., or its affiliates. Void where prohibited by law.
Starwood gets a big two thumbs sideways from Points, Miles & Martinis for not limiting the amount of points you can earn through promotion but the upside still isn’t all that amazing. This on the surface won’t be likely to incentive my hotel spend, unless I’m short on qualifying SPG stays towards the end of the year.