One of the easiest ways to get selected for TSA Pre-Check is to be an elite flyer with an airline and to opt-in or by receiving Global Entry reimbursed through your credit card.
- Go to aa.com, select My Account and log in
- Within My Account, go to the Personal Information and Password tab
- If you are eligible to participate in the program, you will see an opt-in field for the TSA Expedited Screening Program
- To opt-in, simply check the box
- Log in to your SkyMiles account on delta.com and go to the My Profile section. Under Basic Info, enter your secure flight data and check the box next to “Save my Secure Flight Passenger Data” to opt in. If you are a member of a CBP Trusted Traveler program such as Global Entry, SENTRI or NEXUS, enter the 9-digit PASS ID, which is in the top-left corner of your membership card, in the appropriate field in your profile. See the Sample Form below.
To apply to participate in TSA pre-screening, click here. You will be required to sign in to your MileagePlus account.
JetBlue has chosen to make their PreCheck customers who have checked in on their phones. JetBlue states that the only way to use TSA Pre✓ in this initial phase is with a mobile boarding pass, so make sure you check in from the free JetBlue app for iPhone or Android.
If you aren’t an elite flyer and still want, then consider that the Platinum Card from American Express will refund your sign-up fee for Global Entry. You might as well sign-up for Global Entry since you get TSA Pre-Check with it automatically and American Express will refund up to $100.
However American Express did recently change their lounge access policies for this card and cardholders no longer recieve complimentary access to US Airways lounges or American Admirals clubs.
The official Amex benefit states:
- Bypass arrival lines at most major U.S. airports when returning from international travel
- Use your Card to apply for Global Entry and we’ll credit the $100 application fee
- Card Members can receive one $100 credit every years for an application fee charged to each eligible Card.
- PLUS Global Entry members can use TSA Pre✓, an expedited security screening program for select travelers who are flying in the U.S. and select international destinations on participating airlines from specific airports.
Some airlines such as United, American and Delta will either refund the Global Entry fee for top tier travelers automatically, while others you must choose this option as a perk such as in Delta’s case where you can as a Choice Benefit.