This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
Each week, we will be taking a look at a hotel or airline elite status level and the benefits that come with it and how to leverage earning the status.
Overview of Hyatt Diamond Status
So for this week, we are going to look at Hyatt Diamond, which normally requires either 25 stays or 50 nights.
How to Earn:
(1) 25 stays in a calendar year
(2) 50 nights in a calendar year
Benefits of Hyatt Diamond Status
- Achieve rewards even faster with a 30% point bonus when choosing points
- Enjoy the best room available upon arrival, excluding suites
- Receive exclusive access to the Regency Club or Grand Club lounge featuring complimentary continental breakfast and evening hors d’oeuvres. Enjoy daily complimentary full breakfast in hotels without a club lounge
- Treat yourself to a suite upgrade at the time of reservation four times annually on eligible paid nights
- Receive a special welcome point bonus or food and beverage amenity during each stay
- Receive a nightly room refresh
- Receive the confirmed bed type at check-in
- Stay connected with complimentary in-room Internet access
- Expedite check-in at a dedicated area for elite members
- Ensure a room is always available with our 48-hour guarantee
- Extend your stay until 4:00 p.m. with a late check out request
- Book reservations through an exclusive Diamond line
And, enjoy 20% off the daily rate with My Elite Rate on any standard room in 2014 (subject to availability).
Other Ways To Earn:
The Hyatt Visa provides complimentary Hyatt Platinum status as well as 2 stay credits and 5 night credits toward Diamond status upon spending $20,000 in each calendar year and an additional 3 stay credits and 5 night credits toward Diamond status upon spending $40,000 in each calendar year.
Hyatt Diamond has some great benefits when it comes to hotel elite status. Their breakfast benefit is probably one of the most generous in the hotel industry as they provide complimentary full breakfast usually up to four people in the restaurant if the hotel doesn’t have a lounge.
Another nice benefit is the four suite upgrades annually which can be confirmed at time of booking.
What’s your favorite Hyatt Diamond benefit?
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.