This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
Each week, we will be taking a look at a hotel or airline elite status level and the benefits that come with it and how to leverage earning the status.
Overview of Starwood Platinum Status
So for this week, we are going to look at Starwood Platinum, which normally requires either 25 stays or 50 nights.
Starwood Platinum Status
How to Earn:
(1) 25 stays in a calendar year
(2) 50 nights in a calendar year
Lifetime SPG Platinum Status is earned after 500 eligible nights and any 10 years of SPG Platinum status.
Benefits of Starwood Platinum Status
- Three Starpoints for every eligible U.S. dollar spent – a 50% bonus over base-level membership.
- Upgrades to best available room at check-in, including Standard Suites
- 4 p.m. late checkout so you can sleep in, relax by the pool or see more of the local area you’re visiting.
- Your choice of a welcome gift with each stay. Choose from bonus Starpoints, continental breakfast or local amenities.
- Club and Executive level privileges where available
- Complimentary in-room Internet access.
- Access to Hotel’s Health Club / Gym where available
- Guaranteed room availability when your room is booked by 3 p.m., 72+ hours prior to arrival
- Platinum Concierge Service for reservations
SPG Platinum 50 nights: SPG Platinum members who stay 50 nights a year will receive 10 Suite Night Awards which can be redeemed for upgrades to suites and select premium rooms. These are confirmed starting 5 days prior to arrival and subject to availability.
SPG Platinum 75 nights: SPG Platinum members who stay 75 nights a year will earn 4 Starpoints for every eligible US dollar spent as well as the Your24 benefit which allows you to choose your check-in time. For example, if you check in at 9 p.m. you’ll be able to check out 9 p.m. day of departure.
SPG Platinum 100 nights: SPG Platinum members who stay 100 nights a year will be assigned a personal Ambassador who will be able to assist them with all of their travel need. They handle everything from room preferences to restaurant reservations to special occasions.
SPG also offers Crossover Rewards with Delta. As an SPG Platinum member, earn 1 Starpoint for every dollar spent on eligible Delta flights. In addition, you’ll receive Priority Check-in, Priority Boarding, Unlimited Complimentary Upgrades, and first checked bag free on Delta.
Starwood Platinum status does provide some great hotel perks benefits like the 50% earning bonus, room upgrades which include suites, 4pm check-out, internet access and welcome amenity which can include bonus points or continental breakfast.
When you compare SPG Platinum to other programs, there are many valuable benefits that they offer. For instance allowing room upgrades to include suites is a nice reward, I know many times where I’ve received a complimentary upgrade to a suite.
What’s your favorite Starwood Platinum benefit?
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.