This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
One of my favorite promotions comes from American Express. It’s called Small Business Saturday and it’s back on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, making it Saturday November 29, 2014. This is the fifth year in a row that American Express is encouraging cardholders to ‘Shop Small’ and make purchases from small businesses in their community.
The idea is simple. Register every American Express Card you have – personal and business – both primary and additional cards. Cards like:
- Platinum Card from American Express
- Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express
- Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express
- Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card
- Bluebird® by American Express
- Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express
- SimplyCash® Business Card from American Express
- Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express
- Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express OPEN
- Business Green Rewards Card from American Express OPEN
- Gold Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express
Note that “Corporate Cards and all prepaid Card products cards” are NOT eligible, but in a twist for 2014 even Bluebird and American Express Serve cards count this year, per the terms and conditions.
And then on November 29, 2014, for every $10 purchase you make at a participating small business, you will get a $10 statement credit up to $30 per registered card. Registration begins Sunday, November 16 at 12:00 AM Mountain Standard Time. American Express says registration is limited, so it’s best to enroll early.
We will be sure to remind you when the registration link goes live. In the meantime, get your cards lined up – I have four American Express Cards with authorized users, and a Bluebird by American Express & Walmart as well. With lots of small business shopping on November 29, 2014 I could be looking at a couple hundred dollars in statement credit from American Express.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.