It’s the beginning of February and that means it’s time to consider how to load your Target Prepaid REDcards. I loaded my card with $5k last month and I am already working to add another $5k this month. The Target Prepaid REDcard is a great way to hit spends and is very easy to use. Once you have purchased and registered your new Target Prepaid REDcard there are a few things to consider when you go to load money on it.
How To Load Your Target Prepaid REDcard
Here’s what I do:
- I take my Target Prepaid REDcard down the street to Target with my ID and my credit card (I have chosen to exclusively use my Delta Reserve Credit Card from American Express.)
- I go to customer service because they seem to be more familiar with this process
- You can only load $2,500 a day, max $5,000 a month and max only $1,000 per transaction*
*This part sounds complicated, but it’s not. Let’s break it down further.
You can only load $2,500 a day, max $5,000 a month and max only $1,000 per transaction.
- I load $2,500 per day for 2 days a month to hit the $5k max
- Since you can only do $1,000 per transaction, I ask the cashier on day 1 to load, $1k, then $1k, then $500.
- And on day 2 to load $1k, then $1k, then $500.
Choosing Which Credit Card to Load With
Mrs. Weekly Flyer and I both have a linked Delta Reserve Credit Card from American Express. So 2 credit cards under one account. We are both loading our Target Prepaid REDcards with our individual Delta Reserve Credit Card from American Express so that we can hit our annual spend target of $30k to receive the bonus 15,000 MQMs twice! So, let’s say that we keep this process up for 12 months, here’s the breakdown:
- $5k loaded per month x 2= $10k spend
- $10k x 12 months = $120k spend annually (we want to hit $60k spend on the Delta Reserve Credit Card from American Express, so once we hit that we will need to choose another card.)
Other benefits of the Target REDcard:
- Target will provide you with 5% off purchases paid for with your Prepaid REDcard at Target stores in the U.S. and Target.com, except on prescriptions, Target gift cards and prepaid cards, Target Clinic® services, Target Optical® eye exams, and where prohibited by law.
- Target will provide you with Free Shipping on Target.com purchases when you use your Prepaid REDcard
The Target Prepaid REDcard is an awesome product for many reasons. It is so simple to use, you can load a lot of money on it for free and you also get the benefits of 5% off purchases at Target and free shipping on Target.com. If you don’t already have the Target Prepaid REDcard, what are you waiting for?
Related Redcard posts:
- My REDCard Arrived: How To Save 5% On All Target Purchases And More!
- How To Withdraw Funds From RedCard To Bank Account