Hyatt Diamond status is my favorite hotel elite status to earn each year. I find that Hyatt properties are consistent, treat their elite members well and the Hyatt Gold Passport benefits just make sense for my travel options.
I’ve qualified for Hyatt Diamond status for over 8 years and have always enjoyed the benefits. So I wasn’t happy when I dropped down to Hyatt Platinum status last year based on my travel pattern. But I knew I had options to get back to Diamond status quickly.
Sure I could stay the 50 nights or 25 stays it requires to earn the great benefits of Hyatt Diamond status. But I was interested in earning it faster. I looked into the old Hyatt Diamond Status challenge which you could request through the Hyatt Gold Passport line, but it was no longer available. Unfortunately, this option is no longer available. Through this old option, you could receive Hyatt Diamond status instantly (along with the benefits) and then retain the status after 12 nights in a short period of time.
Thankfully, I found out about the new Hyatt Diamond Elite Tier Challenge where I can earn Diamond status quickly.
Hyatt Diamond Elite Tier Challenge
The new Hyatt Diamond Elite Tier Challenge is a Diamond status challenge in the traditional sense. The only difference is that is has to be requested directly through a hotel and approved by their revenue department. Easy. I just called up my hotel, asked for the revenue manager and requested the appropriate form to fill out. In no time at all I’d have my Diamond Status back with Hyatt.
The Hyatt Diamond Elite Tier Challenge for 2015 details:
- Diamond status provided after 12 nights within 60 days
- Must be requested through the sponsoring hotel
- Hotel nights will be counted from all Hyatt nights during the 60 day period
- In my experience, the Hyatt Diamond status is not awarded instantly
Hyatt Diamond Member Benefits
- Guest of Honor – Beginning March 1
- United Club Passes – Beginning March 1
- Premium Wi-Fi– Beginning February 14
- Achieve rewards even faster with a 30% point bonus when choosing points
- Enjoy the best room available upon arrival, excluding suites
- Receive exclusive access to the Regency Club or Grand Club lounge featuring complimentary continental breakfast and evening hors d’oeuvres. Enjoy daily complimentary full breakfast in hotels without a club lounge
- Treat yourself to a suite upgrade at the time of reservation four times annually on eligible paid nights
- Receive a special welcome point bonus or food and beverage amenity during each stay
- Receive a nightly room refresh
- Receive the confirmed bed type at check-in
- Stay connected with complimentary in-room Internet access
- Expedite check-in at a dedicated area for elite members
- Ensure a room is always available with our 48-hour guarantee
- Extend your stay until 4:00 p.m. with a late check out request
- Book reservations through an exclusive Diamond line
Hyatt Diamond status is valuable and I’m glad to see that Hyatt has removed the instant option to “status match” or “challenge” to Diamond status. But I’m also glad the Diamond Elite Tier status challenge exists to earn Diamond status quickly and then re-qualify through the formal Diamond requirement.
- Overview of Hyatt Diamond Status
- New Hyatt Diamond Benefits Start Today
- Overview of Hyatt Diamond Status Challenge
- Breakfast At Park Hyatt Buenos Aires
- Breakfast At Park Hyatt Tokyo
- Breakfast At Park Hyatt Beaver Creek
- Breakfast secrets from Hyatt 48 / Lex
- Breakfast At Hyatt Regency Tampa
- Breakfast Challenge Between Hyatt 48 / Lex and Hyatt Andaz 5th Avenue New York