This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Last week I told you have I was Finally Approved For The Chase Sapphire Reserve 100K Offer. A day later, I received my packet in the mail and was underwhelmed. I had heard comments from readers like Lisa, saying “Wait until you see the package it comes in…very impressive!” I assumed that I would receive something fancy in the mail but, what came was a tad lack luster (see photos.) Basically what I received was a packet of paper and a plastic card. Boo! I am excited about the 100k points and certainly have plenty of uses for the points!
What’s In My Chase Sapphire Reserve 100k Packet?
Why I Applied For The Chase Sapphire Reserve 100K Offer
As a reminder, you may be considering this offer still and wondering if the $450 annual fee is worth it. The annual fee is not waived the first year. But, I think it’s worth paying the annual fee. Here’s why I applied for the card.
Benefits Of the Card That Offset The Annual Fee
- You will earn 100,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points which is worth about $1,500 in travel booked through the Chase Portal after completing the minimum spending requirements.
- The Chase Sapphire Reserve gives you Priority Pass Select for access to airport lounges.
- You also get $100 statement credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck.
- You also get the $300 Annual Travel Credit as reimbursement for travel purchases such as airfare and hotels charged to your card. So you’ll be able to earn the $300 in 2016 and get the $300 credit again in early 2017. Basically, you will be earning $600 in travel credit with just 1 $450 annual fee.
- Read about the Chase Sapphire Reserve 100K Offer: Travel Protections here.
If you are still waiting on approval, don’t worry it shouldn’t be too much longer. I was able to call them and get my approval expedited pretty easily. I am sure with all the applications, they are a little backed up right now. Now, what am I going to do with my 100k bonus?
I’m pretty excited about the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card offer and I think it’s worth paying the annual fee. The 100K bonus points is with about $1,500 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. You also get the $300 Annual Travel Credit as reimbursement for travel purchases such as airfare and hotels charged to your card. So you’ll be able to earn the $300 in 2016 and get the $300 credit again in early 2017. Basically, you will be earning $600 in travel credit with just 1 $450 annual fee. Pretty sweet! How about you, have you applied for this offer yet?
Keep in mind that if you have five or more new accounts on your credit report within the past two years you may not be approved due to Chase’s 5/24 rule.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.