This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
In years past, Small Business Saturday has been one of my favorite deal days of the year. If you have many Amex cards like I do, you really racked up the statement credits over the last several years with SBS! Last year, Amex changed they way that they did Small Business Saturday (SBS) and this year looks like they are working it again a little differently. We already told you How To Earn Double Amex Points the Rest of this Year at Small Businesses. Here is some more information about the festivities around SBS.
American Express Small Business Saturday Details
- 2015: American Express Small Business November 2015 (Targeted)
- 2014: Register Now For Free $30 With Small Business Saturday
- 2013: Free $10 From American Express Through Small Business Saturday
- 2012: Enrollment Day is Here – Free $25 American Express Statement Credit With Small Business Saturday
- 2011: Get A $25 American Express Statement Credit With Small Business Saturday November 26th
Via The BusinessWire,
About Small Business Saturday
November 26th is the seventh annual Small Business Saturday. Dedicated to supporting local businesses that create jobs, boost the economy, and preserve neighborhoods around the country, Small Business Saturday was created by American Express in 2010 in response to small business owners’ most pressing need: getting more customers. Learn more at and connect with us on ShopSmall.com, instagram.com/shopsmall, facebook.com/SmallBusinessSaturday, twitter.com/shopsmall.
American Express is teaming up with a new list of organizations to make this year’s Small Business Saturday memorable for everyone. Events and offerings include:
- Dance + Yoga Sesh with Daybreaker: Daybreaker, the early morning dance movement spreading around the world, is teaming up with American Express on Small Business Saturday to create an unforgettable kick-off experience to celebrate the small businesses that empower and enrich the communities they serve. The parties will take place in New York City, San Francisco and Chicago, where attendees can wake up to an invigorating workout and dance party with music, DJs, performers and yoga/fitness, as well as food and beverages from local businesses.
- Free Rides to Shop Small in NYC with UberPOOL: To help shoppers get together and Shop Small on Small Business Saturday, American Express and Uber are offering a free UberPOOL ride (up to $20) to American Express Card Members in all five boroughs when the promo code SMALLBIZSAT is entered into the Uber app. And through the end of the year, first time UberPOOL riders in NYC can enter the promo code SHOPSMALL2016 to get their first UberPOOL ride free (up to $20). Visit the Shop Small map for ideas on where to go and ride together to Shop Small.
- Dine Small with The Infatuation: The Infatuation, an influential online platform focused on helping people find the best restaurants in their area, will host an event at an independent restaurant in four cities: New York City, Los Angeles, Washington, D.C., and San Diego. Restaurants will create exclusive Small Business Saturday menu items to celebrate the day and encourage consumers to continue visiting local restaurants long after the weekend. Restaurant-goers will be encouraged to share their experiences on social media.
- Local Celebrations with Neighborhood Champions: More than 4,000 small business owners, individuals and community organizations have already pledged to be this year’s Neighborhood Champions, committing to host events and activities to rally their communities on Small Business Saturday. Shoppers can support their local Neighborhood Champions and independent businesses by attending these events together with other Shop Small enthusiasts. More information about these activities can be found at www.shopsmall.com.
It will be interesting to see if American Express rolls out any targeted Small Business Offers for You like they did last year. I am kind of hoping that they will but, may be the Double Amex Points the Rest of the Year at Small Businesses will be it.
The Uber deal is nice for NYC, where on Small Business Saturday, American Express and Uber are offering a free UberPOOL ride (up to $20) to American Express Card Members in all five boroughs when the promo code SMALLBIZSAT is entered into the Uber app.
Other then that, the other events are pretty limited in to those living in the targeted cities.
Are you planning on picking up any of these limited time offers from American Express?
HT: The BusinessWire
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.