This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
United Airlines has announced a new promotion where MileagePlus members can now earn double miles to/from Hong Kong, however it’s limited to those with an address in Hong Kong, Macau or Guangdong Province of China.
If you do qualify, MileageaPlus members can earn double on nonstop United flights between San Francisco, Chicago and/or New York/Newark to Hong Kong.
To take advantage of this offer:
- Register for this offer
- Book your roundtrip flight from Hong Kong by November 30, 2017
- Complete your travel by December 6, 2017
It’s been a while since we’ve seen United offer a route specific promotion to earn bonus miles. American on the other hand is constantly offering similar type of promotions, so it’s nice to see United get in on the game.
If you’re a Premier 1K member and booked a ticket to Hong Kong for around $1,000 you’d earn 22,000 United miles, which is a good deal. I wouldn’t go out of my way to fly United to Hong Kong because of this, but if you’re a Untied loyalist then you may want to consider.
Offer terms and conditions:
- Offer is valid for MileagePlus® members who reside in Hong Kong, Macau and Guangdong Province of China, and for travel from Hong Kong (HKG) to San Francisco (SFO), Chicago (ORD) or New York/Newark (EWR). Roundtrip purchase required.
- Connections are allowed. However, the bonus is only valid for transpacific/transarctic segments between Hong Kong (HKG) and San Francisco (SFO), Chicago (ORD) or New York/Newark (EWR).
- Offer valid for tickets purchased from 27 September 2017 through 30 November 2017. Travel must be completed on or before 6 December 2017.
- Registration on united.com is required before ticketing.
- On paid qualifying segments, members can earn double award miles as shown in the chart above for the qualifying portion of the fare purchased.
- Offer is only valid on paid qualifying segments flown on United Airlines® and is not valid on United-marketed codeshare flights operated by other carriers.
- Roundtrip is defined as travel from an origin city to a destination city with return travel beginning in the destination city back to the origin city.
- A segment is defined as one takeoff and one landing.
- Tickets purchased in Basic Economy (N fare class) are not eligible for this promotion.
- You can earn the bonus in accordance with these terms and conditions, up to a maximum of 50,000 bonus award miles.
- Bonus award miles do not count toward MileagePlus Premier® status qualification or Million Miler status.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.