Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time. Terms Apply to Offers.
American Airlines is launching adding some new service to Mexico, the Caribbean and Latin America as they continue to grow their network. They’re adding four new destinations, and introducing a new nonstop route to Argentina.
New cities in South America include South America: Georgetown, Guyana (GEO); Pereira, Colombia (PEI); and Cordoba, Argentina (COR); Mexico will be adding Oaxaca, Mexico (OAX); additionally they’ll launch nonstop service from Los Angeles to Buenos Aires, Argentina (EZE).
Check out the other recently announced new routes:
- American Airlines Launches Service to Reykjavik, Iceland
- American Airlines Launches New Service to Canada
- American Airlines Announces New Routes from Philadelphia
- American Airlines Adds New Routes to Europe
Per American, here’s a look at their other route changes:
On June 7, American will add a sixth daily flight between Dallas Ft. Worth and Cancun (CUN). Then, in December, they’ll add a fourth daily flight between DFW and San Jose del Cabo (SJD), and a second daily flight between DFW and Torreon (TRC).
Venezuela and Antigua
Beginning Dec. 19, American will increase service from MIA to Caracas, Venezuela (CCS), with a third flight for three times per week. They’ll also add second daily flight between MIA and Antigua (ANU).
American will continue to offer more flights between Brazil and U.S. than any other U.S. carrier.
- Rio de Janeiro (GIG): Starting Aug. 21, JFK-GIG frequency American reduce to five times per week but return to daily service to support peak winter travel from Dec. 19 through March 16. In 2019, AA will only operate this route seasonally from December through March. Additionally, the seasonal DFW-GIG flight will not return next winter due to poor performance.
- Sao Paulo (GRU): American will be ending their daily MIA-GRU daytime flight at the end of August, and there will be one fewer flight per week from LAX. That leaves two daily MIA-GRU flights and four weekly LAX-GRU flights.
- Belo Horizonte (CNF): We are canceling service from MIA to CNF, which will result in a station closure effective Aug. 21.
American’s five weekly flights between DFW and Quito, Ecuador (UIO), will end effective Aug. 21. We will continue to serve UIO twice daily from MIA.
Is anyone planning on heading to Mexico, the Caribbean and Latin America on one of American’s new routes? Feel free to share your thoughts below on their latest expansion to their network.