Whether you’re a Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum member, or someone who rarely stays in hotels, you’ll want to read all these secrets that real hotel maids share about cleaning your room as The Cheat Sheet describes. Find out what the dirtiest item in your hotel room is, and whether those hotel glasses actually get cleaned.
See our other recent posts about hotel maids:
- Why Hotel Maids are So Aggressive to Clean Your Room
- Should Maids Break Do Not Disturb Signs?
- Why You’ll Want To Tip Your Hotel Maid
Per The Cheat Sheet:
- Hotel Glassware: You’ll want to avoid the hotel glassware, whether it be in the room or the bathroom. Opt for plastic cups if the hotel offers, as there’s no guarantee the maid cleaned the glassware and if so it could have even been with the same rag used to clean the toilet!
- Pillow Cases: Many hotels try to “go green” these days, so they won’t change linen on a daily basis. Even for those hotels that do, they tend to skim on changing the pillow cases.
- Remote Control: Wondering what’s the direst thing in your hotel room that you’ll want to avoid. The remote control is rarely cleaned and something that you’ll want to want to think twice before using.
Find out the other secrets hotel maids don’t want you to know that the article mentions