Hyatt has launched their brand new World of Hyatt Visa card, which is the newest card to the Chase’s portfolio of co-branded cards, and it has tons of new perks/earning advantages over the Hyatt Credit Card.
You have the ability to earn up to 9x points on Hyatt stays when factoring in how many points you’ll earn from stays and with the card. Additionally, if you’re looking to earn elite status with Hyatt, this card can get you well on your way to becoming a Globalist member.
With this new card, the previous Hyatt Credit Card will no longer be accepting new applicants. Current cardholders will be encouraged to upgrade to the World of Hyatt Visa Card, and will receive a 2,000 points bonus for doing so. Note that this new product does have an annual fee of $95, however it’s loaded with perks.
Here’s a look at all the new benefits/increased earnings with the World of Hyatt Visa Card:
More Bonus Points:
- 9x Points total on Hyatt stays and experiences – that is based on:
- 4 Bonus Points per $1 spent on the card at Hyatt hotels and resorts, including participating restaurants and spas
- Plus 5 Base Points per eligible $1 spent as a World of Hyatt member
- 2x Bonus Points on dining at restaurants and airline tickets purchased through the airline
- 2x Bonus Points on fitness club and gym memberships
- 2x Bonus Points on local transit and commuting including ride share services
- 1 Bonus Point on all other purchases
More free nights:
- One free night each anniversary year at a category 1-4 Hyatt hotel or resort
- One additional free night at a category 1-4 Hyatt hotel or resort after spending $15,000 in an anniversary year
More ways to achieve higher status:
- Automatic Discoverist status in World of Hyatt
- 5 qualifying night credits every year
- 2 qualifying night credits after every $5,000 in spend on the card
- No foreign transaction fees
- Points don’t expire as long as the credit card account remains open
In addition to the expanded card benefits, for a limited time new World of Hyatt Cardmembers have access to a rich new cardmember bonus, with benefits including:
- New World of Hyatt Cardmembers can earn up to 60,000 Bonus Points (equivalent of up to 12 free nights at a category 1 Hyatt hotel or 2 free nights at a category 7 Hyatt hotel or resort) on qualifying purchases.
- 40,000 Bonus Points after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first three months from account opening and another 20,000 Bonus Points if they spend $6,000 total within the first 6 months.
- Existing Hyatt Credit Cardmembers can upgrade to the new World of Hyatt Credit Card at any time and for a limited time can earn 2,000 Bonus Points if they are approved for the new product.
The new World of Hyatt Visa Card offers a lot of great benefits for cardholders, however the biggest one is the ability to earn elite status with the card. Just for having the card, you’ll earn 5 elite qualifying nights every year. Additionally, every $5,000 you spend you earn 2 elite qualifying nights.
If you wanted to earn top-tier Globalist status with Hyatt solely based on spending on the card you could do so by spending $140,000 a year. However, if you stay with Hyatt, you’d likely be able to cut that down significantly and only spend what you need to in order to earn the additional nights required for Globalist, or the desired status you’re looking to earn.
Additionally, another great feature is the 2x points on fitness club and gym memberships, which is top recurring credit card payment for many consumers, so this is a great feature, and if you have a gym membership, you’ll want to take advantage of.
Do you have any thoughts on the exciting new World of Hyatt Visa Card? Feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.