This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
United Airlines offers a United Airlines Status Challenge, which is referred to as the MileagePlus Premier Status Match Challenge. If you currently have elite status with another airline, your account will be upgraded for 90 days to Premier Silver, Premier Gold or Premier Platinum status based on the level you hold in your current frequent flyer program.
Now’s a great time to participate in the status match now is if you enroll after July 1, 2018 and you complete the requirements, your Premier Status will be extended through January 2020.
How To Participate in United’s Status Match Challenge:
To be considered for Premier status through this promotion, complete this MileagePlus Premier Status Match Challenge form.
United offers the challenge for Delta Air Lines Silver, Gold, and Platinum Medallion members as well as American Airlines AAdvantage Gold, Platinum, and Platinum Pro members.
- MileagePlus account number (If you are not yet a member, join today.)
- Name, mailing address and email address
- A copy of your most recent mileage summary or 2018 membership card for the frequent flyer program you are matching from. It must clearly identify your current elite status, including your status expiration date. (Please note that many digital frequent flyer program membership cards do not include an expiration date.
Note, this offer is not valid for members who have participated in the MileagePlus status match program within the last 5 years.
To earn United Premier Silver through January 2020:
- Fly 7,000 PQM or 8 PQS on flights operated by United or United Express
- Fly 12,500 PQM or 15 PQS on flights operated by United or United Express
- Fly 18,000 PQM or 22 PQS on flights operated by United or United Express
Unlike Delta’s Medallion Status Challenge, United does not require any revenue requirements to earn the status through the challenge.
If you’re looking to participate in the United status match challenge, now is the time to as you’ll earn the status for 20 months, almost a full 2 years since it’s valid through January 2020.
One point to note for those who earn Premier Platinum through the challenge, you’ll be awarded only 1 Regional Premier Upgrade. In order to earn two Regional Premier Upgrades you’d have to meet the standard requirements of Premier Platinum status.
Delta Air Lines offers a similar challenge which we’ve covered: Delta SkyMiles Medallion Status Challenge
Do you have plans to submit a United status match challenge? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below on your strategy.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.