This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
American Express is out with the new welcome offer on the Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express now that the merger date for New Marriott Rewards Changes is here.
Let’s take a look at the new benefits and the offer here. Highlights include a free Anniversary night award, 6x Marriott points on SPG and Marriott hotel purchases and 2x on all other purchases in addition to 75,000 bonus points.
New Offer Starwood Amex Card 75,000 Bonus
- The welcome bonus is 75,000 points after spending $3,000 within the first three months
- Silver Elite status
- When you spend $35,000 on the card in a calendar year, Gold status
- Beginning in 2019 you will earn 15 elite qualifying nights per year just for having the card
- No foreign transaction fees
- Earn 75,000 Bonus Points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
- Earn 6 points for each dollar of eligible purchases at participating SPG® and Marriott Rewards® hotels and 2 points on all other eligible purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on International purchases.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 points) at a participating hotel. Select hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy complimentary, unlimited Boingo Wi-Fi on up to four devices at more than 1,000,000 Boingo hotspots worldwide. Enrollment required.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees
You should also consider the eligibility wording for this card:
Welcome offer not available to applicants who have or have had this Card. We may also consider the number of American Express Cards you have opened and closed as well as other factors in making a decision on your welcome offer eligibility.
Effective 8/26, welcome offer not available to applicants who have or have had The Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card from Chase, The Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Rewards Credit Card from Chase, or The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® Credit Card from JP Morgan in the last 30 days.
If you like staying at Marriott and Starwood properties, consider the new benefits of this card like the free Anniversary night award and the 15 elite qualifying nights per year just for having the card starting in 2019. If you are impacted by the eligibility rules coming August 26th, you will want to apply for the Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express before then.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.