Southwest Airlines announced several new routes across the U.S. with many being added to/from Nashville, TN as well as a few other airpots
With this announcement, their new schedule is also posted, which means customers can book flights now through Aug. 5, 2019. However, one thing to point out is that the airline still hasn’t started to sell flights to Hawaii, which is partially due to aircraft certification needed for these over-water flights.
Here’s a look at some of the new routes that are being added:
Effective June 9, 2019, the carrier will add daily nonstop service between:
- Nashville and Burbank
- Nashville and San Jose, Calif.
- Additionally, the carrier is offering seasonal service on Sundays between Nashville and Omaha.
On June 10, 2019, the carrier will also increase the number of roundtrip flights between:
- Nashville and Boston, 4 flights day (an increase of one weekday flight)
- Nashville and Detroit, 3 flights a day (an increase of one weekday flight)
- Nashville and Las Vegas, 4 flights a day (an increase of one flight Sundays-Fridays)
- Nashville and Minneapolis, 2 flights a day (an increase of one weekday flight)
- Nashville and San Diego, 3 flights a day (an increase of one weekday flight)
- Nashville and St. Louis, 4 flights a day (an increase of one weekday flight)
The carrier also announced the return of seasonal routes from Nashville including weekend service between:
- Nashville and Norfolk, Va. (Previously operated in 2014)
- Nashville and Seattle (Previously operated in Sept. 2018)
Effective June 9, 2019, Southwest will add the following daily nonstop options for travelers:
- Between San Diego and Omaha
- Between Ontario, Calif. and San Francisco (4 flights a day on weekdays, 3 flights a day on weekends)
- Between Austin and Raleigh-Durham
Southwest also announced today it will be adding seasonal service on Saturdays effective June 15, 2019, between:
- Baltimore/Washington and Grand Cayman
- Houston (Hobby) and Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Also check out other recent Southwest Airlines route announcements:
- Southwest Airlines Launches Several New Routes
- Southwest Airlines Expands at NYC LaGuardia (LGA) and Reagan (DCA) and More
- Southwest Airlines Expands at Dallas Love Field (DAL) and Exciting Route News
- Southwest Airlines Hawaii Update; Plans to Sell Flights Soon
If you’re looking to redeem Rapid Rewards points for these flights, remember Southwest is a transfer partner of Chase Ultimate Rewards if you need to transfer over some points.
What are your thoughts on these latest route announcements from Southwest? Feel free to share below.