Earlier this year we wrote aboutÂ Are Delta Basic Economy SkyMiles Award Tickets Coming? and it’s finally starting to be implemented on select routes.Â Delta has started testing Basic Economy award tickets on select domestic routes, with plans to roll them out on a widespread basis in the coming months.
All Standard Basic Economy Rules Will Apply to Award Tickets:
- Seats can not be assigned in advance and will automatically be chosen at check-in or at the gate, however there are no seat changes
- Fare is non-refundable and non-changeable, meaning if you canâ€™t take the flight, youâ€™re out for the entire value of the ticket
- Zone 4 boarding for Basic Economy customers unless a Medallion Member, then Priority boarding would apply
- No Same Day Travel Changes allowed since the ticket is non-changeable. Medallion members are NOT eligible for Same Day Confirm or Same Day Standby option
- Ticket is not upgrade eligible for anyone including Medallions
- Not eligible for complimentary Comfort + or Preferred seating or to buy up to these seats
What are your thoughts on Delta adding Basic Economy award tickets for a few thousand miles less than a Main Cabin fare? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below.