Airport lounge access for American Express Platinum Cardholders is on the top benefits of the Platinum Card from American Express. Lounge privileges include American Express Centurion Lounges, Priority Pass Lounges, Delta SkyClubs, and more.
In addition to lounge access, Amex Platinum benefits are numerous ranging from elite status, airline fee credits, uber credits and more. The American Express Platinum card has a ton of benefits and have even added some new perks this year.
Card Details: The Platinum Card® from American Express
One of the reasons I keep this card year after year is for the lounge access you receive with it. Below is brief overview of the lounges you can access as a cardholder.
American Express Centurion Lounges
Centurion Lounges by American Express are my favorite type of lounge within the collection. Locations include Dallas (DFW); Hong Kong (HKG); Houston (IAH); Las Vegas (LAS); New York (LGA); Philadelphia (PHL); Miami (MIA); Seattle (SEA); and San Francisco (SFO).
Additionally, the The Centurion Lounge is coming soon to DEN, JFK, LAX, LHR, CLT, and PHX.
We’ve had the opportunity to stop by a few of the Centurion Lounges including:
- Lounge Review: Amex Centurion Lounge San Francisco
- Lounge Review: American Express Centurion Lounge at New York LaGuardia
- Lounge Review: Amex Centurion Lounge in Las Vegas
- Amex Centurion Lounge Dallas Secret Bar Menu
Delta Sky Club Lounges
Cardholders receive access to Delta Sky Clubs when flying Delta and we’ve had the opportunity to check out several of them across the country.
- Lounge Review: Delta Sky Club LAX Terminal 2
- Lounge Review: Delta Sky Club at New York’s JFK Airport
- Lounge Review: Delta Sky Club at SFO
- Feasting at the Delta Sky Club at JFK’s Terminal 4
Priority Pass Lounges
Cardholders receive a Priority Pass Select membership and recently have added the perk that you can bring two accompanying guests for no charge when you visit priority pass lounges. Take a look at the all the lounges part of the Priority Pass program you’re able to visit.
- Priority Pass Lounge Review: KAL Lounge at LAX
- Priority Pass Lounge Review: Plaza Premium Lounge Toronto
- Priority Pass Lounge Review: The Lounge at BOS
- Priority Pass Lounge Review: The Club at ATL
- Priority Pass Lounge Review: The Club at PHX
Amex has added the following benefits to the Amex Platinum card this year:
- $200 Uber Credit: Cardholders will receive an annual $200 fee credit for Uber. If you are a Uber user, as long as you link your Platinum Card to your Uber account, you’ll actually get a $15 ride credit each month culminating with a $35 credit each December. This is in addition to being granted Uber VIP status, which can score you the highest Uber drivers.
- 5X Points on Hotels: Similar to the current benefit of earning 5X Points on airfare, you’ll now earn 5X points on hotels, however this is only valid for hotels booked through the amextravel site. In addition, Fine Hotels and Resorts bookings do not earn the added points.
- New Metal Card and Complimentary Gold Authorized Users: Taking after the Chase Sapphire Preferred, cardholders will now be issued metal cards with a new design. Additionally, authorized users will receive complimentary Gold cards before requiring a $45 fee.
For those with a small business, you’ll want to consider The Business Platinum Card® from American Express, which also offers the same lounge access perks and airline fee credits as the personal version.
What’s your favorite perk of the American Express Platinum card? Feel free to comment below!