Delta announced it’s changing some of the ways customers can access Clubs starting next year to preserve a best-in-class experience and help reduce over-crowding.
Essentially, Delta is reducing access to certain travelers, and raising fees and membership costs. Memberships will only be offered to Medallion members; American Express guest access prices are increasing; Medallions will no longer have access if flying international in the main cabin to highlight a few of the changes.
Here’s a rundown on all the Delta Sky Club access changes:
Medallion Members Who Purchase a Sky Club Membership:
- To better invest in our most loyal customers, annual Club memberships will be available for purchase by Diamond, Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallion members only. Effective for new membership purchases and renewals starting Jan. 1, 2023.
- The fees for an annual Club membership will increase as follows (effective Jan. 1, 2023):
- Individual: From $545 or 54,500 miles to $695 or 69,500 miles.
- Executive: From $845 or 84,500 miles to $1495 or 149,500 miles.
- The fee for companion guests will increase from $39 to $50, or from 3,900 to 5,000 miles for Club members who wish to pay with miles. Effective Feb. 2, 2023.
Diamond Medallion Members who Select Executive Club Access via their Choice Benefits:
- Members who reach Diamond Medallion status for the 2024 Medallion Year and beyond: The cost for an Executive Membership will increase from two to three Choice Benefit selections.
- Individual Membership and Credit Card Guest Pass access will no longer be offered via Choice Benefits for the 2024 Medallion Year and beyond. Effective Feb. 1, 2023 for the 2024 Medallion Year.
Delta Sky Club Members Flying in Main Cabin or a More Premium Cabin:
- Delta Sky Club members flying on Basic Economy tickets cannot enter unless they have a benefit through an eligible American Express Card which allows for access*. Effective Feb. 2, 2023.
Customers Flying in Delta One and Select Medallion Members Flying in Delta Premium Select Internationally:
- Diamond, Platinum, and Gold Medallion Members flying internationally in Main Cabin or Delta Comfort+ will no longer receive Delta Sky Club access, unless they have access through a different entry method (such as a Delta Sky Club membership). Effective Feb. 2, 2023.
- Diamond, Platinum, or Gold Medallion Status still permit entry to the Club if flying in Delta Premium Select internationally or in Delta One.
American Express Card Members with Delta Sky Club Access:
- Note: The fee for companion guests of customers entering via an eligible American Express card and for customers and companion guests entering via their Delta SkyMiles Platinum American Express card will increase from $39 to $50. Effective Feb. 2, 2023.
There are no updates to Delta Sky Club access eligibility for: Delta 360 Members; Elite Plus members of other SkyTeam airlines; Delta and SkyTeam Elite Plus members flying in Delta Premium Select and Delta One (or partner airline equivalent) cabins; any customers in Delta One (or partner airline equivalent) cabin.
What are your thoughts on Delta’s changes to its Sky Club access policies? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below.
So as Skymiles members we did what Delta asked of us. We gave them the money that was required and flew the miles to earn the status we achieved on the on promise that our loyalty to Delta would be rewarded. Now we are told “Oops, our bad. We gave out lounge access like lollipops to our credit card holders and now you flyers are no longer welcome.”
Well, thanks for your loyalty Delta.
Sadly, now that Star Alliance has it’s own credit card with lounge access, I think the whole airline industry is going to move in this direction.
Hi, you are correct on the delta sky lounge access which I know first hand. I flew delta first class lax to Orlando first week of November and Tampa to lax first class and was denied entrance to the lounge. we are also flying delta first class in December lax to Cancun round trip and we have read we will not have access to the sky lounge. We were also told that first class ticket and a gold American Express card will also not get you in. Thank you.