Delta has opened four new Clubs this year already including its two largest at New York’s LaGuardia Airport and Los Angeles International Airport. Additionally, Delta opened a new club at Tokyo’s Haneda Airport and most recently a new 22,000-plus-square-foot space at Chicago-O’Hare.
Next year, Delta announced eight club openings and expansions planned for 2023. Airports with new clubs/expansions include Kansas City (MCI); Minneapolis – St. Paul (MSP); New York John F. Kennedy (JFK); Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood (FLL); Boston Logan (BOS); Newark Liberty (EWR); Miami International Airport (MIA); and Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson (ATL)
Here’s a look at the new clubs and renovations coming next year:
- Kansas City (MCI): Delta Sky Club will open its first-ever location at Kansas City International Airport (MCI) as part of that airport’s $1.5 billion infrastructure overhaul. The 11,000-square-foot new Club will feature two all-weather Sky Decks.
- Minneapolis – St. Paul (MSP) – The new G concourse Club at Minneapolis – St. Paul International Airport will measure 21,000 square feet, nearly twice the size of the current F/G Club. The lounge will include seating for 450 guests, an indoor/outdoor bar that extends to a year-round Sky Deck, and outstanding views of the runway from the main lounge area. April 2023.
- New York’s John F. Kennedy (JFK) – As part of Delta’s terminal move from T2 to T4, Delta will open a near-14,000-square-foot Club on T4, with planned seating for over 200 guests. A Delta Sky Club Express location will operate on T4 starting in January 2023 until the new lounge opens its doors. June 2023.
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood (FLL) – An expansion of Delta Sky Club’s Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport location will add 2,200 square feet and 90 seats to the lounge. Sept. 2023.
- Boston Logan (BOS) – The new lounge in Boston Logan International’s E Concourse will add nearly 21,000 square feet of premium space to Delta’s lounge portfolio, with planned seating for over 400 guests. The Club will replace the temporary Delta Sky Club Express location currently in use while the lounge is being built. Late Summer 2023.
- Newark Liberty (EWR) – The Delta Sky Club currently on Terminal B of Newark Liberty international Airport will relocate to Terminal A as part of Delta’s planned terminal move. Fall/Winter 2023.
- Miami International Airport (MIA) – Following expansion of the lounge at Miami International Airport, the Club will measure over 12,000 square feet with planned seating for 320 guests. Dec. 2023.
- Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson (ATL) – After renovation of Hartsfield-Jackson International’s E Concourse Club, the lounge will measure over 18,000 square feet and hold 353 guests. The renovated Club will include self-serve check-in kiosks and a full-service food and beverage station for guests. Winter 2023.
Delta also announced New Delta Sky Club Access Changes starting next year to help reduce over-crowding, a problem that many travelers have been facing.
What are your thoughts on Delta’s new clubs and expansions planned for next year? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below.