For a limited time US Airways is back with a 100% bonus on purchased miles. This means members can purchase enough miles for a Business Class ticket to Europe, North Asia or South America for only $1,881.25 plus award booking fees. But it also means that you can outright purchase enough miles (25,000 + 25,000 bonus) for an American Airlines Transcontinental award ticket in their new First Class Flat-Bed product which I blogged about here for the low low price of only ~$940 plus the award booking fees ($35).
How To Get 100% Bonus
- Navigate to the US Airways purchase / gift website and log in to your account to see if you’ve been targeted for the 100% bonus
Get American Airlines New Flat-Bed First Class For Only $940
This is a chance to purchase US Airways miles (which will merge with American Airlines in the near future) at $.0188 per mile. Maxing out this promotion means that the purchased miles (50,000) plus the bonus miles (50,000) are enough to redeem for a roundtrip Business Class flight to Europe, North Asia or South America on one of their partner airlines or a US Airways destination.
But purchasing only 25,000 miles will get net you a 25,000 bonus which is enough to try out American Airlines new First Class Flat-Bed Transcontinental product. That means you’ll pay only $940.62 plus the ~$35 in award booking taxes and fees. These flight can price out as high at $5,500+. So by purchasing miles, you can save big bucks and fly in First Class.
- Purchase miles between now and January 31, 2014
- Bonus miles will be awarded upon completion of the transaction
- Price of miles is $.035 plus 7.5% tax
If you purchase 50,000 miles under this targeted promotion, you’ll receive 50,000 bonus miles. These miles will cost you $1,881.25 bringing the cost per mile down to $.0188 per mile.
The maximum bonus amount available through this promotion translates into enough miles to purchase a round-trip Business Class award ticket to Europe, North Asia or a number of other great destinations based on the US Airways partner award chart with Star Alliance partners through March 30th, then the miles will be good for One World Partners and American Airlines.
Terms And Conditions
Offer available for purchases made between January 14th 00:00:01 PT and January 31st 2014, 23:59:59 PT. All purchases are non-refundable. Bonus miles will be awarded upon completion of the transaction. The maximum number of Buy and Gift Bonus miles that can be received by one member for this offer is 50,000 bonus miles. For Gift purchases, bonus will be awarded to the recipient. All miles purchased beyond this limit will not be eligible for a bonus. All transaction inquiries must be submitted to US Airways Dividend Miles within 90 days from end of promotion. Offer is subject to change. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer. Share transactions are not eligible for bonus. Only purchases made online are eligible for the bonus. Please note that Dividend Miles accounts less than 12 days old are not permitted to Buy, Share or Gift miles. For Gift and Share transactions, the recipient account must also be 12 days old. All US Airways Dividend Miles terms and conditions apply.
Miles are sold for $0.035 per mile plus a tax recovery charge of 7.5%. GST/HST will be charged to Canadian residents. Miles purchased through Buy, Share or Gift Miles do not count towards Dividend Miles Preferred status. All other Dividend Miles Terms and Conditions apply. Miles may be used based on award availability at the time of booking. Please note that Dividend Miles accounts less than 12 days old are not permitted to Buy, Share or Gift Miles. All purchases are non-refundable.
These promotions do come around often with the US Airways Dividend Miles program. But there is no telling what will happen to these 100% buy miles promotions now that the integration with American Airlines AAdvantage program is underway. But it is a good way to get miles for an award ticket.
I’d suggest only purchasing the miles if you have an immediate or near term use for them. Still, a Business Class ticket to Europe, North Asia or South America for only $1,881.25 is not a bad price to pay.
I’m starting to really like this new American Airlines and US Airways combination. How about you?
- Members Can Now Book US Airways Or American Airlines Flights With Your US Airways Dividend Miles or AAdvantage Miles
- How To Reserve Seat On US Airways With American Airlines Booking
- Save 15,000 Miles Flying American’s New First Class Flat-Bed By Booking With US Airways Dividend Miles
- A Delta Flyer’s Observations In An American Airlines Admirals Club Lounge
- American Airlines Godsend – Biscoff Cookies Served In Flight!
- American Airlines Miami Admirals Club Video Walk Through
- American Airlines Upgrades Admirals Club Lounge Snacks
- American Airlines Boarding Gets Faster For Some Passengers With No Overhead Luggage
- US Airways Last To The Party? New Portable Electronic Policy–Updates About US Airways Electronics In Flight
- Earn 3,000 US Airways Miles With New Rocketmiles Accounts
- American Airlines Miami Treasure Hunt
- How To Reserve British Airways Seats On American Airlines Award Tickets For Free
- British Airways Concorde Room – How To Book A Private Cabana & Elemis Spa Appointment
- British Airways “First” Impressions
- British Airways 4,500 One-Way Award, Doubling Your Point Value, And Combining Accounts
- Lunch In British Airways Concorde Room
- Breakfast In The Concorde Room First Class Lounge
- Breakfast In The Concorde Room And British Airways 1A On A319