This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
Today, January 7, 2014, marks the day that US Airways and American Airlines loyalty programs allow for recriprocal award redemptions. That means American Airlines members can redeem their AAdvantage miles on US Airways and US Airways members can redeem their Dividend miles on American Airlines.
The timing couldn’t be better for me. I just found out I need to book several domestic First Class awards on the same flight. There are significant advantages and disadvantages to booking with each airline depending on your situation.
Customers traveling on both airlines will now see the following reciprocal benefits, among others:
- The ability for AAdvantage and Dividend Miles members to earn and redeem miles across either airline’s network
- Select Elite member benefits, including First and Business Class check-in, priority security and priority boarding, complimentary access to Preferred Seats, priority baggage delivery, and checked bags at no charge, consistent with the current baggage policies for each carrier
- Club benefits for members of the American Admirals Club or US Airways Club, including access to airport lounges
American Airlines members and US Airways members can now redeem miles on both American and US Airways flights via both AA.com and USairways.com.
This is welcome news for those looking to redeem a ton of their miles before the next devaluation.
This is huge! Must. Book. Awards. Now…More to come…
Hat tip to (Flyertalk)
- What The American Airlines Merger With US Airways Means To Me
- A Delta Flyer’s Observations In An American Airlines Admirals Club Lounge
- American Airlines Godsend – Biscoff Cookies Served In Flight!
- American Airlines Miami Admirals Club Video Walk Through
- American Airlines Upgrades Admirals Club Lounge Snacks
- American Airlines Boarding Gets Faster For Some Passengers With No Overhead Luggage
- US Airways Last To The Party? New Portable Electronic Policy–Updates About US Airways Electronics In Flight
- Earn 3,000 US Airways Miles With New Rocketmiles Accounts
- American Airlines Miami Treasure Hunt
- How To Reserve British Airways Seats On American Airlines Award Tickets For Free
- British Airways Concorde Room – How To Book A Private Cabana & Elemis Spa Appointment
- British Airways “First” Impressions
- British Airways 4,500 One-Way Award, Doubling Your Point Value, And Combining Accounts
- Lunch In British Airways Concorde Room
- Breakfast In The Concorde Room First Class Lounge
- Breakfast In The Concorde Room And British Airways 1A On A319
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.