Signing up for credit card offers in April is likely on a few folks radar given the rumored changes coming on May 1st. I first narrowed down my strategy to 4 cards from many but then applied to only 3 cards. After applying for all three of them yesterday, I’ve captured the results below.
How I Verified Bonus Qualification
Card Application Results
1. Personal And Business Starwood Preferred® Guest Cards
The first card I applied for was the SPG personal card and I received an approval within minutes. But because of rumored changes on May 1st, and the fact I’ve had the card in the past, I was careful to capture the details of the offer I applied and was approved for.
- Key Link: Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express
- Key Link: Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card
- Earning potential: 25,000 Starwood Preferred Guest Points
I first verified the terms during the application process and then grabbed a screen print. You can clearly see that the offer qualifies me for the up to 25,000 bonus points after meeting minimum spending.
Then I captured the approval for the exact offer.
So based on my experience in having the SPG card over 11 months ago, applying for the Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express offer, I’ll receive the 25,000 bonus points after I meet the required spending threshold. This is important, because after May 1st, a certain card provider is rumored to be limiting the number of times one can receive a signup bonus to only once.
2. TARGETED OFFER: Business Platinum Card® from American Express
The next card offer I applied for was the TARGETED Business Platinum Card® from American Express. This offer is a Limited Time (Targeted) Offer valid through April 19, 2014 for select members who receive this offer. I applied for this card with a business of ours and was instantly approved.
- Targeted Offer
- Earning potential: Up to 150,000 Membership Rewards Points
3. Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Reserve Card
The last card in my April Strategy was with Hilton to round out my hotel point balance.
- Key Link: Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Reserve Card
- Earning potential: Two free weekend night certificates and Hilton Gold Status
With the Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Reserve Card I’ll earn TWO WEEKEND NIGHT certificates, each good for one weekend night after I meet minimum spending requirements for the offer. The card also comes with complimentary upgrades, so I can enjoy complimentary space available upgrades and welcome amenity (which can include free breakfast at certain Hilton hotel types – like main Hilton hotels).
I was able to document my application terms and they clearly show I qualified for the offers. In the end I’ll receive up to 175,000 points, two free weekend night certificates at select Hilton properties and complimentary gold status at Hilton just from credit card applications. My current plan is to go for the extra 50,000 Membership Rewards points even though the 100,000 targeted offer is the better deal.
Have you applied for any cards in April and what is your strategy to make sure you get the bonus if you’ve had the card in the past.
- My April Credit Card Strategy + Win $100 For Sharing Yours?
- Free Hilton Gold Status for Cardholders
- How To Transfer American Express Membership Rewards To Travel Programs
- How To Link Travel Programs To American Express Membership Rewards Program
- Platinum Card from American Express
- Blue Sky from American Express®
- SimplyCash® Business Card from American Express
- Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express
- Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
- Business Green Rewards Card from American Express (would do Gold over this one)
- How To Increase Chances For Targeted American Express Offers
- New American Express Platinum Card Benefits Announced
- New Business Platinum Card from American Express Offer Announced
Points, Miles & Martinis will earn a referral credit for successful applications through the links in this post. We appreciate any support for Points, Miles & Martinis by using our affiliate links.