The other day we were reminded that Delta will retire their Boeing 747 planes in the near future. These planes will be replaced by Airbus in the near future. But if you are still looking to fly one of Delta’s remaining wide body double decker Boeing 747’s there is still time. We’ll share one route we found while using our approach to finding internationally configured planes when booking domestic flights. Then a great resource for finding lists of all the wide body domestic routes with Delta’s fleet.
Delta 747 Domestic Flight Repositioning Route
The seating on this route is wide open in Business Elite. You can often get upgraded on these internationally configured planes operating domestic routes as I do as a Platinum elite member who earned it the easy way by earning 60,000 Delta MQMs without even flying. The upgrades are especially common on these large planes given the number of available seats in Business Elite.
The front Business Elite Cabin has plenty of room. The two best seats 1A and 1K are even still available.
The back lower Business Elite Cabin is empty.
And the upper deck Business Elite Cabin still has plenty of seats.
If you are looking to fly one of Delta’s 747’s consider the Atlanta to Detroit segment on December 1, 2014. If you are looking for another wide body route, head on over to this Flyertalk thread to see a more complete list of routes which are operated by wide bodies.
Looking for More Delta Miles?
For more Delta Secrets posts, click here.
- Delta To Retire 747 Fleet By 2017
- Delta replacing 747 fleet with Airbus
- Atlanta to San Francisco in Delta Business Elite on 767
- Delta’s 777 flat-bed service to LAX from Atlanta
- 767 cradle seats to Atlanta from New York
- A330 lie-flat to Atlanta from Los Angeles
- 757 lie-flat to Atlanta from New York
- 767 Business Elite flat-bed seats internationally to Brussels from Atlanta
- Delta 777 Flat-Bed Business Class Review – Atlanta To Los Angeles
- Los Angeles – Delta’s “Other Transcon” Service – 777 Business Elite From Los Angeles
- Los Angeles – Delta 777 Flight in Business Elite from Atlanta
- How I Earned 60,000 Delta MQMs Without Flying
- How To Claim 15,000 Delta Medallion Qualifying Miles To Earn Status Faster
- The Easiest 10,000 Delta MQMs I’ve Ever Earned…Except The Time When…
- Upgrade: Domestic Delta Flat-Bed Business Elite Flight Review From The Last Row
- Earning Delta Platinum Elite Status The Easy Way
- How I Earned 60,000 Delta MQMs Without Flying
- Full Flat Business Elite Seat 1D On Delta’s 767 Domestic Route
- Delta’s Domestic Flat Bed Business Elite Seat 8C From Atlanta to New York
- Another Domestic Delta Lie-Flat Route For 767
- How To Display Delta’s Lowest Award Results
- Lots Of Delta Low Award Availability To Tokyo For New Years
- Delta 767 Flat-Bed Business Elite – Another Day Another Domestic Flight With International Business Class
- Good Advice When Canceling A Delta Award Ticket As Platinum Member
- Delta DC9-50 First Class Happy Hour & Upgrade Lottery
- Denver – Delta 757 Domestic First Class 1A
- Jacksonville – “Not All Champagne Wishes” Delta Flight in Coach
- Los Angeles – Delta A330 Flight in Business Elite to Atlanta
- New York – Delta 757 Business Elite Seat
- New York – Delta 767 Old Business Elite Seat
- New York – Delta 767 Old Business Elite Review
- New York – Delta First Class from Newark to Atlanta
- Brussels – Delta new lie-flat Business Class
- Brussels – Delta 767 with new lie-flat Business Class review
- Delta – How to get a free extra one-way on an award ticket
- Delta – Illustration on how to get a free extra one-way award ticket
- Delta – How to book one-way award tickets on Delta operated flights
- Delta – How to get free checked bags for friends of Elite members on split reservations
- Delta – Dedicated routes with lie-flat seats in Business Class
- Delta – Add your birthday into your account for a present
- Delta – A demonstration on how to use your Delta SkyMiles for business class tickets to French Polynesia
- Delta – A demonstration on how to use your Delta SkyMiles for business class tickets to Seychelles
- Delta – A demonstration on how to use your Delta SkyMiles for business class to Australia
- Delta – A demonstration on how to use your Delta SkyMiles for business class to Shanghai
- Delta – A demonstration on how to use your Delta SkyMiles for business class to Tokyo
- Delta – Booking Delta’s one-way 90k business class award to Asia
- Delta – Book your flight to greatly increase your upgrade changes and ride in style
- Delta – How to get access to the Delta Sky Club even if you are not on a Delta ticket
- Delta – How to keep up with the latest celebrity gossip on Delta Airlines for free with gogo wifi
- Delta – Track your bags throughout your journey with mobile bag tracking
- Delta – Earning miles on the TGV train in Europe; don’t make this mistake
- Delta – How to check the upgrade lists before you fly to ensure you are on the free upgrade list
- Delta – How To Gift Delta Medallion Qualifying Miles
- Delta – Your Upgrade Is Now Confirmed – And How To Check Your Upgrade Priority Level
- Delta – How To Get Low Level Delta Award On Cross Country Flights (The Hard Way)
- Delta – Earn Delta status without flying