A PMM reader, Mark asked is there any way to transfer miles into Marriott points. There is and in fact, United and Marriott have a unique partnership that allows you to convert miles to points, points to miles and receive complimentary status in Marriott with Gold or higher status on United.
How To Transfer Miles Into Marriott Points
United members can convert their United miles to Marriott points at a 1:1 transfer ratio.
- Transfer United Miles to Marriott here
There are really only two terms and conditions with these types of transfers:
- Must be United Silver or Higher: This benefit is only available to MileagePlus members who are Premier Silver or higher
- Maximum Conversion: Convert up to 50,000 award miles into Marriott Rewards points each calendar year
Just because you can transfer these miles into points, should you? The easy answer is if you need the miles and it makes sense to you, go for it. But if you also have Chase Ultimate Rewards points to transfer, earned through the Chase Freedom® card (with a Ink Card as well) or just an Ink Card, you can transfer those points into Marriott points as well.
- Update to Free Marriott Platinum Status
- Overview of Marriott Platinum Status
- Overview of Marriott Gold Status
- Overview of Marriott Silver Status
- Marriott Platinum Status For 40,000 Points–Retention Offer
- Why I’m Sticking With My Marriott Gold Status
- 140,000 Marriott Bonus Points With 2 Credit Cards