Are you a Marriott Elite member, but didn’t re-qualify for your elite status for 2016? Well, if that’s the case and you’re looking for a way to get back your status, then you’re in luck, since Marriott announced they would be offering a buy back of elite status using Marriott points.
Until April 1, 2016, you can retain your status at an exclusive rate:
- Buy back your Platinum status – only 40,000 points
- Buy back your Gold status – only 25,000 points
- Buy back your Silver status – only 7,500 points
Here’s how to get your status back:
- Email Marriott Rewards with your name and Rewards number, and specify one of the options listed at the left.
- Simply call Guest Services at 1-800-321-7396 and tell them you’d like to buy back your status.
It’s nice that Marriott is offering Marriott Rewards members the option to buy back their elite status if they didn’t qualify, but I would have to think hard about it, before shelling out those points for the status.
One thing note is that you are allowed only one level of buyback, which must match the Elite level you enjoyed in 2015, so if you were a Gold Elite member, you could only buy back Gold status, you couldn’t go for Platinum with this offer.
Do you plan on buying back your elite status for 2016? Feel free to comment below.