This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
It’s officially Small Business Saturday, which has taken place for several years on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, however this year I will not be participating in it.
The reason being, I don’t see a point to having to go to a small business today, when I support small business all year round, not just on one single day.
In year’s past we’ve seen some offers for American Express cardholders for Small Business Saturday, but this year there are no offers.
As a look back, we’ve had $25 statement credits, $10 statement credits, Amex Offers, and Double Membership Rewards points. Here’s a look at previous years offers.
- 2016: Double Membership Rewards Points at Small Businesses
- 2015: American Express Small Business November 2015 (Targeted)
- 2014: Register Now For Free $30 With Small Business Saturday
- 2013: Free $10 From American Express Through Small Business Saturday
- 2012: Enrollment Day is Here – Free $25 American Express Statement Credit With Small Business Saturday
- 2011: Get A $25 American Express Statement Credit With Small Business Saturday November 26th
As there isn’t any enticing offers this year to shop at small businesses today, and as I support small business all year round, I will not be going out of my way today to go shopping at small business.
I’m interested to hear what your thoughts are on whether you’ll still be participating in Small Business Saturday today?
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.