This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Delta has made some changes in clearance for complimentary Medallion upgrades on Aeroméxico flights, as they will now follow Delta’s clearance, meaning you’re likely to be cleared in advance, up to 5 days prior to your flight.
Delta Improves Medallion Upgrades on Aeroméxico
You can take a look at Aeroméxico Premier Business Class in the following reviews:
- Flight Review: Aeromexico Premier Business Class JFK- Mexico City
- Aeromexico Premier Business Class Mexico City- New York (JFK)
Complimentary upgrades for Medallion members traveling on Aeroméxico-operated flights are now cleared in advance, aligning with Delta’s clearance schedule.
- For Diamond and Platinum Medallion Members, Complimentary Upgrades will clear beginning 120 hours (5 days) prior to departure
- For Gold Medallion Members, Complimentary Upgrades will clear beginning 72 hours (3 days) prior to departure
- For Silver Medallion Members, Complimentary Upgrades will clear beginning 24 hours (1 day) prior to departure
- If Complimentary Upgrades do not clear in advance, Medallion Members are eligible for an upgrade at the departure gate if they request to be added to the airport standby list during check-in or at the gate
Medallion Members are eligible for Complimentary Upgrades on all intra-Mexico Aeromexico flights, as well as Aeromexico flights between Mexico and the U.S., Central America, Caribbean, Colombia and Ecuador.
It’s great to see that Medallion members will now be upgraded in advance, if there’s availability. Especially on outbound flights from Mexico, it’s not always clear to the agents that you should be on the upgrade list if you’re not, so here’s to hoping that many of these upgrades clear in advance and alleviate the stress.
Departing from the U.S. it’s not as bad in this sense, as Delta airport customer service in several cities operate the Aeromexico flights, so they are more aware in the upgrade policies, and you should even see yourself on the gate information display screen.
Have you flown Aeroméxico Premier Business Class before? Worth paying for it, or will you chance your luck at a complimentary upgrade?
Like racking up the Delta miles?
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.