This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
American Airlines announced they’ll be launching several new domestic and international routes in 2019. A large majority of these new routes are due to a lease agreement they’ve reached at Dallas Ft. Worth with the airport resulting in 15 new regional gates after renovating the Terminal E satellite gates.
In addition to the added regional flying from Dallas, we’re seeing new service to Mexico, the Caribbean and Latin America, as they add service to Antonio Maceo Airport (SCU) in Santiago de Cuba from Miami. Dallas sees new service to Durango International Airport (DGO) in Mexico starting June 6, which is another new American city.
Additionally, new international service from New York (LGA) to Aruba starts on June 8, 2019 just in time for the busy summer travel season. Santo Domingo (SDQ) sees added service from both Dallas Ft. Worth and Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT) this summer.
Per American Airlines,
- Beginning March 3, new daily, year-round service:
- DFW–Augusta Regional Airport (AGS) in Georgia
- DFW–Gainesville Regional Airport (GNV) in Florida
- DFW–Yuma International Airport (YUM) in Arizona
- DFW–Meadows Field Airport (BFL) in Bakersfield, California
- Beginning April 2, new daily service:
- DFW–Monterey Regional Airport (MRY) in California (seasonal)
- DFW–Flagstaff Pulliam Airport (FLG) in Arizona (year-round)
- DFW–Hollywood Burbank Airport (BUR) in California (year-round)
American will also operate the following new routes next year:
- Beginning Feb. 14, new daily service:
- Reagan National Airport (DCA) in Washington, D.C.–Will Rogers Airport (OKC) in Oklahoma City
- LGA–McGhee Tyson Airport (TYS) in Knoxville, Tennessee
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) in New York–San Antonio International Airport (SAT)
- Beginning Apr. 2, new daily service:
- LAX–Tulsa International Airport (TUL) in Oklahoma
- Beginning June 8, new seasonal service:
- CLT–Cherry Capital Airport (TVC) in Traverse City, Michigan
Check out the other recently announced new routes:
- American Airlines Launches Several New Routes to Europe
- American Airlines Launching New Caribbean and Hawaii Service
- American Airlines Launching New Service from DFW, LAX, MIA
- American Airlines Launches Service to Reykjavik, Iceland
- American Airlines Launches New Service to Canada
- American Airlines Announces New Routes from Philadelphia
- American Airlines Adds New Routes to Europe
What new American routes are you most excited for? Feel free to share in the comments below.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.