Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time. Terms Apply to Offers.
Southwest Airlines recently launched their inaugural Hawaii service from Oakland to Honolulu earlier this month. Starting April 28, 2019 the airline will be adding inter-island service between Honolulu (HNL) to Maui (OGG), followed by Honolulu (HNL) to Kona (KOA) on May 12, 2019.
As these inter-island are as short as 40 minutes gate-to-gate, the airline will be offering a modified inflight service onboard. For comparison, the airline flies some routes within Texas such as Houston to Austin, which isn’t much longer than these flights, and they offer a full beverage service.
We learn that Southwest Airlines will serve the following on inter-island flights:
- Ocean Spray Cran-Grape Juice
- Deja Blue Canned Water
Why Is Southwest Airlines serving Ocean Spray Cran-Grape juice?
Single serve beverages make the most logical sense when performing drink service quickly on an aircraft. Because we do not maintain refrigerators or freezers that most single serve juices require for storage, it was important that we used a juice that can be stored at room temperature. Ocean Spray 4oz. juice cups met the parameters from our vendors. Please know that many considerations go into product selections such as the contract agreements with our current vendors, the product offerings available by these vendors, being competitive with what other airlines offer on these routes, and of course, Customer preference and feedback.
Here’s a recap of Southwest Airlines Hawaii routes:
- Oakland to Honolulu begins once daily on March 17, 2019; Honolulu to Oakland begins once daily on March 18; the route will be flown twice daily in each direction as of March 24.
- Oakland to Kahuluibegins once daily on April 7, 2019; Kahului to Oakland begins once daily on April 8; the route will be flown twice daily in each direction as of April 10.
- Interisland service four times daily in each direction between Honolulu and Kahului begins April 28.
- San Jose to Honolulu service begins May 5, once daily in each direction.
- Interisland service four times daily in each direction between Honolulu and Kona begins May 12.
- San Jose to Kahului service begins May 26, once daily in each direction.