Delta announced they’ll be adding several news flights and routes to the state of Alaska starting this summer. We’ll see expanded service to Anchorage (ANC), Fairbanks (FAI), Juneau (JNU), Ketchikan (KTN) and Sitka (SIT).
Delta’s latest additions are a direct result of increased result of leisure flying over business travel, which the airline hopes to capture additional revenue as they realign their flight schedule.
Delta’s expanded Anchorage (ANC) service includes:
- New weekend service launching from Detroit (DTW), Los Angeles (LAX) and New York (JFK) on May 28
- Increasing year-round Seattle (SEA) service to up to seven daily trips starting June 19. The most popular destination for travelers from Alaska, Delta’s SEA hub offers daily connections to 40 destinations, including Hawaii, the lower 48 states and major capitals around the world
- Adding a third daily flight this summer to Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP) starting May 5
- Adding a year-round nonstop flight to Salt Lake City (SLC) starting May 5, complemented by a second summer seasonal flight beginning June 19
- Resuming daily service from Atlanta (ATL) starting May 5, the longest nonstop flight offered from ANC, and providing significant connections across the southeast U.S., including 16 cities in Florida. The flight will be operated by the Boeing 767-300ER, featuring Delta One lie-flat seats. Nonstop ATL service will continue into the fall with three trips per week.
Delta will increase service to Fairbanks (FAI) to six nonstop flights from its major gateway hubs by:
- Launching a new daily nonstop flight from SLC beginning May 5
- Adding a third nonstop flight from SEA beginning June 19
- Doubling service with a second nonstop flight from MSP beginning June 19
In addition to flying to FAI from SEA in the winter months, Delta is extending MSP & SLC service to year-round to provide customers with access to its extensive global network.
Returning popular summer seasonal service to Juneau, Ketchikan and Sitka
Delta’s Alaska summer seasonal service from SEA that begins Memorial Day weekend will be extended through the end of September and include:
- One daily flight to Juneau (JNU), operated by Boeing 737-800 aircraft
- One daily flight to Ketchikan (KTN)
- One daily flight to Sitka (SIT)
See Delta’s other recent route announcements:
- Delta Continues Boston Logan Expansion
- Delta Expands Boston with Several New Domestic Routes.
- Delta Launches Boston to Las Vegas Service
- Delta Launches Service between San Jose and New York-JFK
- Delta Launches New Service to Ski Destinations this Winter
- Delta Expands Seattle Service with Several New Routes