This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
Delta recently announced that they were switching to a revenue based loyalty program. They previously announced their earning structure, but they did not announce their redemption charts and were going to do so later this year.
However, everyone started to freak out that since they weren’t releasing their award charts with the 2015 SkyMiles announcement, that they must be pretty bad. So, Delta decided to release their new award redemption charts today instead.
For Award Tickets booked beginning January 1, 2015, SkyMiles members will enjoy:
- More Award Seats available for fewer miles
- Miles that can be redeemed for any Delta flight, with no blackout dates
- One-Way Award Ticketsfor as low as 12,500 miles (plus taxes and fees)
- Miles + Cash Award options (a benefit exclusive to Delta, among U.S. global airlines)
- All-new delta.com shopping experience to compare prices in miles and dollars
- Easy-to-use Award calendar that shows the lowest price
There are no price increases to Delta’s lowest Award redemption levels. The lowest level for SkyMiles Saver Awards will remain at 25,000 miles for an Economy Class Award ticket for travel within the U. S. and Canada excluding Hawaii.
Delta’s New Economy Class Award Chart:
Delta’s New Business Elite and First Class Award Chart:
We will post an analysis of the awards later, but I wanted to be sure to share the new charts as soon as I received them.
- Major Delta Changes Coming Tomorrow- Switching to a Revenue Based Earning/Redemption Program
- How Delta’s 2015 SkyMiles Program Will Impact You
- Delta Quietly Changes Paid Upgrade Program
- New Delta Platinum Medallion Choice Benefit Selection Options
- My Interview With Rudy Maxa On Delta’s Changes
- What Delta didn’t announce…
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.