This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
For a limited time through until May 25th, 2014, you can purchase US Airways and receive a 100% bonus on purchased miles. This is a fantastic deal because it means you can purchase enough miles for a Business Class ticket to Europe or South America for only $1,881.25 (plus award booking fees) to get you there in style! And you can purchase 100,000 of the 110,000 miles required to fly to the South Pacific for that price. So if you already have US Airways miles, from say the 40,000 mile offer after your first purchase with the The US Airways® Premier World MasterCard®, you’ll have more than enough miles to get to the South Pacific in Business Class.
It also means that you can outright purchase enough miles (25,000 + 25,000 bonus) for an American Airlines Transcontinental award ticket in their new First Class Flat-Bed product which I blogged about here for the low low price of only ~$940 plus the award booking fees ($35). Yes the seats can still be booked, you just have to know how to find them.
How To Get 100% Bonus
- Navigate To The US Airways Purchase / Gift website and log in to your account to see if you’ve been targeted for the 100% bonus
Get American Airlines New Flat-Bed First Class For Only $940
This is a chance to purchase US Airways miles (which will merge with American Airlines in the near future) at $.0188 per mile. Maxing out this promotion means that the purchased miles (50,000) plus the bonus miles (50,000) are enough to redeem for a roundtrip Business Class flight to Europe or South America.
But purchasing only 25,000 miles will get net you a 25,000 bonus which is enough to try out American Airlines new First Class Flat-Bed Transcontinental product. That means you’ll pay only $940.62 plus the ~$35 in award booking taxes and fees. These flight can price out as high at $5,500+. So by purchasing miles, you can save big bucks and fly in First Class.
- Purchase miles until May 25th, 2014
- Bonus miles will be awarded upon completion of the transaction
- Price of miles is $.035 plus 7.5% tax
If you purchase 50,000 miles under this targeted promotion, you’ll receive 50,000 bonus miles. These miles will cost you $1,881.25 bringing the cost per mile down to $.0188 per mile.
The maximum bonus amount available through this promotion translates into enough miles to purchase a round-trip Business Class award ticket to Europe or South America. US Airways partner award chart with Star Alliance partners through March 30th, then the miles will be good for One World Partners and American Airlines.
Terms And Conditions
Offer available for purchases made between May 3, 00:00:01 PT and May 25, 2014, 23:59:59 PT. All purchases are non-refundable. Bonus miles will be awarded upon completion of the transaction. The maximum number of Buy and Gift Bonus miles that can be received by one member for this offer is 50,000 bonus miles. For Gift purchases, bonus will be awarded to the recipient. All miles purchased beyond this limit will not be eligible for a bonus. All transaction inquiries must be submitted to US Airways Dividend Miles within 90 days from end of promotion. Offer is subject to change. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer. Share transactions are not eligible for bonus. Only purchases made online are eligible for the bonus. Please note that Dividend Miles accounts less than 12 days old are not permitted to Buy, Share or Gift miles. For Gift and Share transactions, the recipient account must also be 12 days old. All US Airways Dividend Miles terms and conditions apply
I’d suggest only purchasing the miles if you have an immediate or near term use for them. Still, a Business Class ticket to Europe or South America for only $1,881.25 is not a bad price to pay.
If you are looking for American Airlines miles, make sure you check out the 40,000 mile offer after your first purchase with the The US Airways® Premier World MasterCard®, these miles will be merged with American Airlines miles during the integration of American Airlines and US Airways. There is always the 30,000 offer for the Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® World MasterCard® as well.
- Up To 5,000 Bonus Miles On Travel Purchases With US Airways Card (Targeted Offer)
- Members Can Now Book US Airways Or American Airlines Flights With Your US Airways Dividend Miles or AAdvantage Miles
- How To Reserve Seat On US Airways With American Airlines Booking
- Save 15,000 Miles Flying American’s New First Class Flat-Bed By Booking With US Airways Dividend Miles
- A Delta Flyer’s Observations In An American Airlines Admirals Club Lounge
- American Airlines Godsend – Biscoff Cookies Served In Flight!
- American Airlines Miami Admirals Club Video Walk Through
- American Airlines Upgrades Admirals Club Lounge Snacks
- American Airlines Boarding Gets Faster For Some Passengers With No Overhead Luggage
- US Airways Last To The Party? New Portable Electronic Policy–Updates About US Airways Electronics In Flight
- Earn 3,000 US Airways Miles With New Rocketmiles Accounts
- American Airlines Miami Treasure Hunt
- How To Reserve British Airways Seats On American Airlines Award Tickets For Free
- British Airways Concorde Room – How To Book A Private Cabana & Elemis Spa Appointment
- British Airways “First” Impressions
- British Airways 4,500 One-Way Award, Doubling Your Point Value, And Combining Accounts
- Lunch In British Airways Concorde Room
- Breakfast In The Concorde Room First Class Lounge
- Breakfast In The Concorde Room And British Airways 1A On A319
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.