A recent application for 3 credit cards added 125,000 bonus points and miles to my accounts, plus the new cards will give me plenty of spend bonuses and card benefits that will be useful in the year to come.
The cards I applied for this time are much different than the ones I applied for back in April. That time I earned 175,000 points, two free weekend night certificates at select Hilton properties with the Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Reserve Card, a targeted American Express offer, and the Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express.
This time, I’m going for a new American Express credit card that I’ve never had before, a Chase targeted offer for 70,000 bonus points, and
Card Application Results
With this relatively new card from American Express that was announced earlier this year, I decided to go for the Preferred version of the card.
You’ll earn 1.5x points per dollar on every day spending, 3x at supermarkets, 2x at gas stations and everytime you use it 30 times in a month (30 swipes), you’ll earn a 50% bonus on all the points you earn that month. This card also comes with a 15,000 bonus point signup offer after spending $1000 in 3 months. See my card page for more details on the offer.
You’ll earn 2x points per dollar at US supermarkets up to $6,000 a year. All other purchases will earn 1 point per dollar. This card also comes with a 10,000 bonus point signup offer after spending $1000 within first 3 months. See my card page for more details on the offer.
Earning Potential: 15,000 Bonus Points
With this offer I’ll earn 70,000 bonus points with Chase after spending $5,000 in spending. This spending requirement is higher than my other two signups in this post, which come with either a $1,000 or first purchase spending threshold to earn the bonus but I think the bonus is worth it. You can read more about the offer here.
Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. Must respond by 9/15/2014. Invitation Code is needed. Offer Code: JQB.
Earning Potential: 70,000 Bonus Points
This is one of those great card offers that will only be available for a limited time, as the American Airlines and US Airways integration is completed later this year, I doubt this card will survive much longer than the announcement of the integration completion.
The card offer comes with a generous 40,000 signup bonus after your first purchase and some good benefits. So there is little spending required to earn this 40,000 signup bonus.
The US Airways® Premier World MasterCard® comes with 40,000 bonus miles after your first purchase! There is an $89 fee for the first year. This card may not be around for very long, so I actually just picked up this card again for what might be my last time holding the card. After the integration of US Airways and American Airlines you will no longer be able to apply for this card. – See more at:
1) First Bag Checked Free (NEW)
This benefit is available on all domestic US Airways operated flights starting from April 30th. The best part is it applies to you and up to 4 companions on domestic US Airways operated flights
2) 40,000 Bonus Miles After FIRST PURCHASE!
The US Airways card offering 40,000 bonus miles after your first purchase. Sure the card comes with an $89 annual fee, but I think the previous benefit more than make up for the cost of the card.
I mentioned yesterday how you can earn 30,000 bonus miles on each of the two Korean Airline cards after making a first purchase. So a 40,000 bonus mile offer after a first purchase is just that much better.
3) Companion Certificate
The companion certificate can be used for up to two guests to fly with you for only $99 each person plus taxes and fees for the flight.
4) Priority Boarding
The card also comes with zone 2 priority boarding. This is good to board early if you are looking for some overhead space for a carry-on bag.
Earning Potential: 40,000 Bonus Points
Signing up for these three cards earned me 125,000 bonus points and miles plus new spend bonuses with the Amex EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card from American Express.
Total Earning Potential: 125,000 Bonus Points
What cards have you applied for lately? If you haven’t, which cards are on top of your list for the next card application?
Application Links Mentioned
- Application Link: The Amex EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card from American Express
- Application Link: The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express
- Application Link: US Airways® Premier World MasterCard®
- Application Link: Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Reserve Card
- Application Link: Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express
- Results: 3 Credit Card Applications In April And How I Verified Bonus Qualification
- US Airways New Card Benefit Plus 40,000 Offer After First Purchase
- My April Credit Card Strategy + Win $100 For Sharing Yours?
- New Amex Everyday Preferred And Amex Everyday Card Overview
- Free Hilton Gold Status for Cardholders
- How To Transfer American Express Membership Rewards To Travel Programs
- How To Link Travel Programs To American Express Membership Rewards Program
- Platinum Card from American Express
- American Express® Premier Rewards Gold Card
- Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express
- Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card
- Delta Reserve Card from American Express
- 70,000 Ink Plus Offer
- Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express
- Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express
- TrueEarnings® Card from Costco and American Express
- SimplyCash® Business Card from American Express
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
- Business Green Rewards Card from American Express
- Gold Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express
- How To Increase Chances For Targeted American Express Offers
- New American Express Platinum Card Benefits Announced
- New Business Platinum Card from American Express OPEN Offer Announced