On a recent flight back home to Atlanta, I was offered a choice of Delta First Class dinner options including a sandwich or Salmon. The last time I tried the sandwich was onboard one of Delta’s internationally configured 767 planes in Business Elite. It was good then so I thought “if it isn’t broke, don’t fix it”.
Delta First Class Dinner Sandwich
We settled into First Class with the lights dimmed. Seats were reclined as far as they could in the row in front of me, so myself and my seat mate both decided to recline our seats to give us a little extra space.
The flight attendant came around and greeted everyone by name take both drink and dinner orders. First up was the Salmon or you could have the Pastrami sandwich. Since I’ve had the sandwich before and it was relatively good, I decided to go that route.
The meal was delivered and it turns out it was one of the best sandwiches of this kind that I have ever had on a Delta flight in First Class. The key to the pastrami sandwich is the bread. If it’s hard the sandwich is no good. I find it best when it’s slightly warm and soft. I was glad that the bread was soft and it made the sandwich better.
To compliment the sandwich is a mustard seed spread and a pickle on the side. Definitely add the mustard to your sandwich, trust me, it makes it taste great.
The Tiramisu and side of fruit are a great dessert option as well. Don’t miss out on those.
Overall, my favorite Delta First Class dinner sandwich is the pastrami sandwich with tiramisu on the side. It’s really hard to go wrong with this sandwich in my opinion.
What’s your favorite dinner onboard a Delta flight?
- Delicious Delta First Class Calzone
- Delta First Class Chicken Enchilada
- Delta First Class Chicken Teriyaki
- Delta First Class Flat-Bed Pastrami Sandwich
- Delta Business Elite Braised Short Ribs
- Delta First Class Shrimp & Chicken
- Delta Chicken Parmesan on a 777
- Feedback On Delta’s New Business Elite Menu From Atlanta
- Delta First Class Breakfast Sandwich
- Delta First Class Omelette
- Delta First Class Breakfast Burrito
- Delta’s First Class Lox Croissant Breakfast
- Delta Starbucks First Class Review
- 1 Week, 7 Delta Meals In First Class; Breakfast, Lunch And Dinner Onboard And In The Airport
- Enhanced Breakfast options in the Sky Clubs
- Breakfast Options At The Atlanta T SkyClub
- Waffle House road trip review