We’ve covered how Delta One Business Class Expands to More US Domestic Routes, as the airline continues to expand their premium business class product on more domestic routes to match their current transcontinental service, however they hadn’t announced what we’d expect for Comfort Plus passengers on these routes.
The new Delta One domestic routes include the following (not all flights on these routes will offer Delta One):
- Boston (BOS) and Los Angeles (LAX)
- New York (JFK) and Las Vegas (LAS), San Diego (SAN), Seattle (SEA), Honolulu (HNL)
- Atlanta (ATL) and Honolulu (HNL)
- Minneapolis (MSP) and Honolulu (HNL)
With this change, Delta had to decide what they’d be doing for their Comfort Plus cabin on these routes, as currently their transcontinental flights between New York (JFK) to Los Angeles and San Francisco; Boston to San Francisco; and Washington DC (DCA) to Los Angeles all see an enhanced service, and all customers receive a free meal,
Per Delta, starting April 1, Delta will retire Delta Comfort+ sleep kits, dedicated mid-flight snacks, water bottles, pillows and blankets on flights between JFK-LAX, JFK-SFO, BOS-SFO, and LAX-DCA, as these flights will transition to “domestic long-haul flights.
For those in the Main Cabin, Billboard headphones will no longer be free on transcontinental flights, as they’ll start charging $2 for them on these flights.
Overall, it’s mixed news, as Delta Medallions Now Eligible for Upgrades to Delta One Business Class, however the biggest loser will be for those flying these routes between New York (JFK) and Los Angeles and San Francisco in Comfort Plus, who will no longer receive these added amenities.
See our recent Delta Flight Reviews:
- Flight Review: Delta One Business Class Breakfast JFK-LAX
- Delta One Transcontinental Business Class Dinner SFO-JFK
- New Delta One Business Class North End Grill Menu
- Delta One Winter 2016 JFK-LAX Meal Service
- Delta One Business Class JFK-LAX Meal Service
- Flight Review: Delta Transcontinental JFK-LAX Comfort Plus
- Flight Review: Delta First Class New York (JFK)- Seattle
Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below about these Delta Comfort Plus changes on their transcontinental routes.