Southwest Airlines announced they’ll be adding new service to Steamboat Springs, Colo. seasonally through Yampa Valley Regional Airport by the end of 2020, initially served nonstop from Denver.
Per Southwest Airlines,
“Whether you’re a skier, snowboarder, or just enjoy a winter wonderland, Steamboat Springs has something for everyone, and now you’ll be able to reach the region on Southwest with a short, easy flight from Denver,” said Adam Decaire, Southwest’s Vice President of Network Planning. “We’re looking forward to bringing our world famous Hospitality paired with Customer-friendly policies like skis and snowboards fly free* closer to the slopes of the Rocky Mountains later this year.”
“We are thrilled about Southwest Airlines’ intent to serve Steamboat into HDN starting winter 2020/2021,” said Rob Perlman, President and Chief Operating Officer of Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation. “What an ideal partner to bring more skiers and riders to experience Steamboat’s famous Champagne Powder® snow. Southwest’s world renowned hospitality is perfectly aligned with Steamboat’s genuine western hospitality, and we’re excited to welcome their loyal Customers to our magical mountain destination.”
Southwest intends to release additional information about its initial schedule and fares in the coming months.
Steamboat Springs (HDN) is served seasonally from many carriers currently including Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta, United and even JetBlue, so having Southwest Airlines add service will be a welcome addition to the airport.
Also check out other recent Southwest Airlines route announcements:
- Southwest New Flights Hawaii, Mexico, Turks & Caicos
- Southwest Airlines New Nonstop Routes and Returning Seasonal Service
- Southwest Airlines Announces New Routes from Nashville and More
- Southwest Airlines Launches Several New Routes
- Southwest Airlines Expands at NYC LaGuardia (LGA) and Reagan (DCA) and More
- Southwest Airlines Expands at Dallas Love Field (DAL) and Exciting Route News
- Southwest Airlines Hawaii Update; Plans to Sell Flights Soon
What are your thoughts on Southwest Airlines latest announcement? Feel free to leave a comment below.