Southwest Airlines has expanded its schedule through January 4, 2023, and as a result added some new domestic routes. The airline is also adjusting its schedule on several existing routes due to staffing levels.
Southwest Airlines Co. extended its flight schedule through Jan. 4, 2023, bringing holiday travel planning into focus with new and returning service for the season from late fall into early winter.
In the newly released extension of the flight schedule, Southwest will offer new nonstop service between:
San Jose, Calif., and Palm Springs, daily except on Saturdays, beginning Nov. 6, 2022;
Nashville and Long Beach, Calif., once daily, beginning Nov. 6, 2022;
Nashville and Steamboat Springs (Hayden), Colo., only on Saturdays, beginning Dec. 17, 2022; and
Colorado Springs and San Diego, on select peak travel days from late November through early January
Also check out other recent Southwest Airlines route announcements:
- Southwest Airlines Continues Hawaii Expansion and More
- Southwest New Flights Hawaii, Mexico, Turks & Caicos
- Southwest Airlines New Nonstop Routes and Returning Seasonal Service
- Southwest Airlines Announces New Routes from Nashville and More
- Southwest Airlines Launches Several New Routes
- Southwest Airlines Expands at NYC LaGuardia (LGA) and Reagan (DCA) and More
- Southwest Airlines Expands at Dallas Love Field (DAL) and Exciting Route News
- Southwest Airlines Hawaii Update; Plans to Sell Flights Soon
If you’re looking to redeem Rapid Rewards points for these flights, remember Southwest is a transfer partner of Chase Ultimate Rewards if you need to transfer over some points. These new flights and the carrier’s full schedule is now open for booking through January 4, 2023.
Additionally, be sure to monitor your existing bookings to see if they’ve changed. If you experience a schedule change, you can change your flight free of charge up to 14 days before/after your original scheduled flight.
What are your thoughts on these latest route announcements from Southwest? Feel free to share below.