American Airlines has just announced plans to launch new service to Mexico as well as expand some Caribbean routes later this year. Highlights include adding new service to Huatulco (HUX) and Acapulco (ACA), Mexico. Additionally they’ll add five new Caribbean and eight new domestic routes beginning in December, 2019.
Per American Airlines,
American offers more service between the U.S. and Mexico than any other airline with up to 85 daily flights to 22 cities. On Dec. 18, daily service between Phoenix (PHX) and CUU will begin, complementing existing daily service from Dallas Fort Worth (DFW). The new route will offer one-stop convenience for customers on the West Coast.
American’s growth in the region continues Dec. 21, when a series of new Saturday-only flights kick off. St. Thomas, USVI (STT), known for beaches and snorkeling, will welcome wanderers from DFW and Chicago O’Hare (ORD). Seasonal service will also begin between ORD and St. Lucia (UVF). On the East Coast, customers traveling from New York (LGA) can pack their shorts for Bermuda (BDA), and customers traveling from or through Charlotte, North Carolina (CLT), can spice up their winter on the spice island of Grenada (GND).
MIA serves as American’s gateway to the Caribbean and Latin America, and the airline will be creating more opportunities for customers to take advantage of the hub this winter. New daily service is planned from Oklahoma City (OKC); Northwest Arkansas (XNA); and Columbia, South Carolina (CAE), starting Dec. 18, with convenient flight times that will connect customers to dozens of warm-weather destinations.
If warmth really isn’t your thing, American has you covered there, too. The only daily service between DFW and St. George, Utah (SGU), launches Sept. 26, and new Saturday service between Philadelphia (PHL) and Eagle/Vail, Colorado (EGE), starts Dec. 21.
Check out the other recently announced new routes:
- American Airlines Announces Several New Routes in 2019
- American Airlines Announces Several New Domestic and International Routes
- American Airlines Launches Several New Routes to Europe
- American Airlines Launching New Caribbean and Hawaii Service
- American Airlines Launching New Service from DFW, LAX, MIA
- American Airlines Launches Service to Reykjavik, Iceland
- American Airlines Launches New Service to Canada
- American Airlines Announces New Routes from Philadelphia
- American Airlines Adds New Routes to Europe
What new American routes are you most excited for? Feel free to share in the comments below.