Southwest Airlines announced they’ve extended its bookable flight schedule through Jan. 5, 2020. Additionally, they’re adding a few new routes across the U.S. as well as bringing back some returning service on some popular routes.
New and Returning Service
Beginning Nov. 3, 2019, Southwest will add daily nonstop service between Baltimore/Washington and Greenville-Spartanburg. This route was previously offered in 2016.
Just a few days later, on Nov. 9, 2019, the carrier will add new weekly service on Saturdays between Boston and Ft. Lauderdale.
Long Beach Service
Having recently received additional slot allocations from the City of Long Beach, Southwest is rounding-out service for Long Beach Customers with additional flights. Effective Oct. 1, 2019, the carrier will offer the following service:
Between Long Beach and Oakland(Four daily flights)*
Between Long Beach and San Jose, Calif.(Four flights a day on weekdays and three flights on Saturdays and Sundays)
Between Long Beach and Sacramento (Four flights a day on weekdays and three flights on Saturdays and Sundays)
Between Long Beach and Las Vegas (Two flights a day on weekends)
Additionally the airline will brings back Austin to Cancun service daily on November 3, 2019 as well as weekly Saturday service to many popular Caribbean and Latin America destinations including Aruba, Cancun, and Costa Rica.
Also check out other recent Southwest Airlines route announcements:
- Southwest Airlines New Domestic Routes Announced
- Southwest Airlines New Nonstop Routes and Returning Seasonal Service
- Southwest Airlines Announces New Routes from Nashville and More
- Southwest Airlines Launches Several New Routes
- Southwest Airlines Expands at NYC LaGuardia (LGA) and Reagan (DCA) and More
- Southwest Airlines Expands at Dallas Love Field (DAL) and Exciting Route News
- Southwest Airlines Hawaii Update; Plans to Sell Flights Soon
If you’re looking to redeem Rapid Rewards points for these flights, remember Southwest is a transfer partner of Chase Ultimate Rewards if you need to transfer over some points.
What are your thoughts on these latest route announcements from Southwest? Feel free to share below.