Southwest Airlines has expanded its schedule through September 5, 2022, and as a result added some new domestic routes. Additionally, we see new service for several international routes returning for summer 2022.
Beginning June 11, 2022, Southwest will offer new nonstop service on Saturdays between:
- Austin and Cozumel, Mexico (Subject to government approvals)
- Nashville and Portland, Maine
- Denver and Eugene, Ore.
Starting June 5, 2022, Southwest will resume nonstop service between:
- Denver and Amarillo (Sundays-Fridays)
- Denver and Lubbock (Daily)
- Denver and Midland/Odessa (Sundays-Fridays)
- Houston (Hobby) and Louisville, Ky. (Sundays-Fridays)
- Chicago (Midway) and Montego Bay, Jamaica (Daily)
- Chicago (Midway) and Rochester, N.Y. (Twice a day Sundays-Fridays)
- Chicago (Midway) and Tulsa, Okla. (Daily)
International Routes Returning for Summer 2022
Southwest also announced today that in June 2022, it resumes several international nonstop routes from cities across the United States including:
- Orlando and Aruba (Daily)
- Austin and Puerto Vallarta, Mexico (Saturdays)
- Baltimore/Washington (BWI) and Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands(Saturdays)**
- Milwaukee and Cancun, Mexico (Saturdays)
- Denver and Cozumel, Mexico (Saturdays)
Also on June 5, 2022, the carrier will increase from Saturday-only to daily service on already-served routes between Austin and Cabo San Lucas/Los Cabos and between San Antonio and Cancun, Mexico.
Also check out other recent Southwest Airlines route announcements:
- Southwest Airlines New Routes, Schedule Extension June 2022
- Southwest Airlines Continues Hawaii Expansion and More
- Southwest New Flights Hawaii, Mexico, Turks & Caicos
- Southwest Airlines New Nonstop Routes and Returning Seasonal Service
- Southwest Airlines Announces New Routes from Nashville and More
- Southwest Airlines Launches Several New Routes
- Southwest Airlines Expands at NYC LaGuardia (LGA) and Reagan (DCA) and More
- Southwest Airlines Expands at Dallas Love Field (DAL) and Exciting Route News
If you’re looking to redeem Rapid Rewards points for these flights, remember Southwest is a transfer partner of Chase Ultimate Rewards if you need to transfer over some points.
What are your thoughts on these latest route announcements from Southwest? Feel free to share below.