Southwest Airlines has extended its schedule through Nov. 5, 2022, and added several new routes this time around. Most of the new international routes are being served from Orlando. Additionally, the airline has grown to a record high of 4,526 departures.
Southwest Arlines will be adding new nonstop service from Orlando, Florida, beginning June 4, 2024 to:
- Cancun, Mexico
- Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
- Nassau, Bahamas
- Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
- Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- San José, Costa Rica
Another airport that will be adding service new routes is Burbank, which also will add daily service to the following on June 4. 2024:
- Boise, Idaho
- Kansas City, Mo.
- New Orleans
- San Antonio
- St. Louis
Other notable schedule highlights include nonstop service between Baltimore/Washington and Colorado Springs, Colorado starting June 4, 2024.
Expect to see seasonal seasonal, Saturday-only service between Dallas (Love Field) to Buffalo/Niagara, N.Y. ; Fresno, Calif; Providence, R.I.; and Spokane, Washington.
Southwest will also be opening its Nashville Flight Crew base in 2024, and will add Saturday-only service from Music City to Bozeman, Mont., and seasonal, Saturday and Sunday service to Grand Rapids, Mich.
Also check out other recent Southwest Airlines route announcements:
- Southwest Airlines Continues Hawaii Expansion and More
- Southwest New Flights Hawaii, Mexico, Turks & Caicos
- Southwest Airlines New Nonstop Routes and Returning Seasonal Service
- Southwest Airlines Announces New Routes from Nashville and More
- Southwest Airlines Launches Several New Routes
- Southwest Airlines Expands at NYC LaGuardia (LGA) and Reagan (DCA) and More
- Southwest Airlines Expands at Dallas Love Field (DAL) and Exciting Route News
- Southwest Airlines Hawaii Update; Plans to Sell Flights Soon
If you’re looking to redeem Rapid Rewards points for these flights, remember Southwest is a transfer partner of Chase Ultimate Rewards if you need to transfer over some points.
What are your thoughts on these latest route announcements from Southwest Airlines? Feel free to share your thoughts below.